Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tintop
    Perhaps owning wasn't an appropriate choice of words - but beating Michael especially with that Ferrari machine behind him was a real historical benchmark, kind of like victories over Federer or Woods.
    I wouldn't go that far. In F1 the car is a huge factor, can't compare it with tennis and golf.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I wouldn't go that far. In F1 the car is a huge factor, can't compare it with tennis and golf.
    The line is too blurry that it just makes such comparisons between F1 drivers rather futile.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well then, beating MS AND Ferrari. All 3 atheletes are have the possibility of being more dominant that anyone before or after them in their respective sports, so victories or championships at their expense have a greater meaning. When MS retired last year a number of drivers said that they were lucky to have competed against and in a few cases beaten MS, because it gave extra clout to those victories.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    I don't believe that comparison was being made. The point was that beating the person who is considered to be the benchmark for the sport is a big achievement, whatever the sport.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I don't believe that comparison was being made. The point was that beating the person who is considered to be the benchmark for the sport is a big achievement, whatever the sport.
    Less so in motorsport, unless they are driving the same type of car, as with Lewis and Alonso.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McC
    Less so in motorsport, unless they are driving the same type of car, as with Lewis and Alonso.
    If we believe that the Ferrari is a faster car than the McLaren, then Lewis beating Kimi is one helluva achievement.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjanicke
    I'm starting to believe that Hamilton could be the best rookie ever to join F1. Does anyone know of any stats that rival his for a rookie racer?

1st race: Qual 4th - Finish 3rd
    2nd race: Qual 4th - Finish 2nd
    3rd race: Qual 2nd - Finish ?

Who has outdone that?
    3rd race Qual 2nd - Finish 2nd Who done that let me think OH NO ONE!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    going which way?.

I am a big LH fan, but JV had a phenominal first year and won the WDC his second year, so I hope LH has similar success. For all those who can't stand JV, you can't take away his accomplishments. like my sig says...

JV and LH are associates I remember last year, JV playing music with LH Both got great voices both of them were also having barbecue together. Remember JV got a album out.

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    I reckon he's got a good chance at Spain, however Alonso will be fired up for his home race. I have a sneaky feeling his first win will come at Magny-Cours, and he will take two more wins before the end of the season.
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jso1985
    yep many of them I think, the ones I remember right now are: Alesi, Herbert, Alonso and Montoya, there's surely more.

now what's interesting is that all F3000/GP2 champions have failed to win a F1 championship
    GP2 is a new championship it start 4 years ago. Lewis won it's last year when the championship was it's 3th year.