Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    But would Kimi obey team orders ?I think NOT!

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    But would Kimi obey team orders ?I think NOT!
    No different to Vettel then?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    No different to Vettel then?
    I don't think they'll talk to him since he knows what he's doing
    "There are some things that you can fulfil with money, but at the end of the day these are not the things that make you happy. It is the small things that make life good." - Sebastian Vettel

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    Vergne is probably quicker in a shoot out, but Ricciardo has a much better racing brain and can bring the car home.
    The stats indicate the opposite. Ricciardo is winning the qualifying shootout by a significant margin, yet JEV has scored more points, last season as well as this season (to date).

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    As we can see Mercedes is gaining on RBR at the moment, they got two reasonably good drivers and can with a bit of luck take the WCC this year. I think RBR wants the WCC. In the same car at race day, Kimi is not slower than Seb.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Take Mercedes season by season and its made real progress to now be 2nd in the championship.

So I think Red Bull needs to take on a driver who can win races and help the team next year. They cant allow any driver to take half a season to settle in.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Räikkönen seems to be plan A for Red Bull. Plan B is a Toro Rosso driver.
    What is plan A for Räikkönen - Lotus or RBR? He could be leaning towards RBR. If that is the case, we just need to wait for the official announcement...

The only aspect RBR may be pondering about Kimi's signing is the long-term future. Because Vettel could potentially leave after 2015 (after having recently signed a new one-year extension) and in 2016 Räikkönen would be 36 years old already. So RBR would need a new, young and upcoming driver soon anyway depending on the long-term motivation of Vettel to drive for RBR.

I think Red Bull feels that hiring Räikkönen for 2014 would be good for short-term future and WCC - proven driver, who will get you lots of points. But RBR may also feel that they can't let some of their youngsters go as easily like the let Alguersuari. Which means that they need to keep grooming say Ricciardo, avoid him getting snapped up by other teams, so he would be a good and consistent driver by 2016 to join the team.

Depending on whether Kimi wants to carry on in his mid-to-late 30's, they may actually need two drivers... Of course, by 2015-16 there may be more quality-drivers on the market, like Hamilton and Rosberg, so they may not need to worry too much.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ricciardo has given Vergne a smashing in quali in the last couple of races. The only reason Vergne seems to come back in the races a little is because he never makes it into Q3 so he has a fresher set of softs.
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    they should put a dislike button on forums as well. we need that

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Räikkönen seems to be plan A for Red Bull. Plan B is a Toro Rosso driver.
    But does Toro Rosso have enough money to hire Raikkonen?