Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Thereīs a new rumour floating around, that RBR has raised ther bid from 12 to 22 million dollar a year, thatīs for Kimi to drive for them three years, but the contract is longer.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    12 to 22 million p.a? Nice little earner, that.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    Thereīs a new rumour floating around, that RBR has raised ther bid from 12 to 22 million dollar a year, thatīs for Kimi to drive for them three years, but the contract is longer.

Two number one drivers in the same team = fireworks. Kimi wouldn't accept being shafted by the constant 'technical issues' and strategy mess-ups which Mark has had to endure. Nope, as much as I'd love to see Kimi alongside Seb, I just can't see it happening.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari33
    Two number one drivers in the same team = fireworks. Kimi wouldn't accept being shafted by the constant 'technical issues' and strategy mess-ups which Mark has had to endure. Nope, as much as I'd love to see Kimi alongside Seb, I just can't see it happening.

One way or another, Kimi will probably end signing a long term contract with Ferrari or RedBull. It's too good of an opportunity to pass up. Lotus is constantly broke and in turmoil. No one knows how competitive it will be next year.

How Lotus could be broke with a sponsor like Genii Capital is beyond my comprehension. There are possibly some issues that I can't know about, but they would bring a significant wedge to the table - along with the others. As well as Renault being the principle technical partner, I can't understand how they could be in such apparent dire financial need? Maybe Kimi is too expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    How Lotus could be broke with a sponsor like Genii Capital is beyond my comprehension. There are possibly some issues that I can't know about, but they would bring a significant wedge to the table - along with the others. As well as Renault being the principle technical partner, I can't understand how they could be in such apparent dire financial need? Maybe Kimi is too expensive...
    There were plenty of troubling news. First, Lotus owed a lot of money to Renault for the engines in 2011. Then there were reports of Kimi Raikkonen not being paid on time for his 2012 work.

Raikkonen bonus money costs Lotus more than they expected | Grand Prix 247

Now this:

Lotus F1 team hits out at reports of financial trouble - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Genii Capital is not just a sponsor. I understand they own a chunk of team and probably would like to run it at profit. At some point the shareholders may get tired of sinking lots of money into the team with no return.

Some more "almost news" stories regarding the 2nd RBR seat - these long breaks are a pest for the journo's, they've got column inches to fill and anything will do I guess. Still, Daniel is still my choice for the seat, although as I mentioned I am biased for many reasons

Hulkenberg urges Red Bull to sign Ricciardo | News | Motorsport.com

This one is a personal favourite - see if you can spot the redundancies in this bit of prose:

'Very high' stakes as Ricciardo eyes Red Bull - Tost | News | Motorsport.com

And good ol' Niki Lauda is always good for a quote (though I am sure there are some issues of context - journo's don't cherry pick quotes, do they):

Alonso would spell 'trouble' for Red Bull - Lauda | News | Motorsport.com

^

That's probably because poor Nico is now praying that a seat would open up at least at a Toro Rosso car so he could get out of the sinking Sauber ASAP

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Ricciardo wird neuer Vettel-Teamkollege bei Red Bull - MOTORSPORT UND FORMEL 1 - Sport-Bild

Ricciardo has the drive, and it will be announced at Spa.

It's from a tabloid but the Bild was right about Webber signing for Porsche, so I'm inclined to think that this is true.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    Some more "almost news" stories regarding the 2nd RBR seat - these long breaks are a pest for the journo's, they've got column inches to fill and anything will do I guess. Still, Daniel is still my choice for the seat, although as I mentioned I am biased for many reasons

Hulkenberg urges Red Bull to sign Ricciardo | News | Motorsport.com

This one is a personal favourite - see if you can spot the redundancies in this bit of prose:

'Very high' stakes as Ricciardo eyes Red Bull - Tost | News | Motorsport.com

And good ol' Niki Lauda is always good for a quote (though I am sure there are some issues of context - journo's don't cherry pick quotes, do they):

Alonso would spell 'trouble' for Red Bull - Lauda | News | Motorsport.com
    So true, some of this stuff has crossed the border of the absurd :
    I do hope DR gets the ride, even if he is #2 he will get plenty of shots at winning.
    May the forza be with you