Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, Lotus are fighting tooth and nail to hold onto Kimi but can't see how they can. They have eventually paid his wages, albeit 6 months late, in a bid to resign him.

Would you stay with them?

Ricciardo looks like the second candidate now but surely Red Bull will prefer the Finn. I know I would and give Daniel another year or two to improve and prove his ability before firing him into the hottest seat in F1.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    The BBC's head story in the F1 section is the attempted retention of Kimi's services too.

BBC Sport - Kimi Raikkonen: Lotus move to convince driver not to join Red Bull

If I were Kimi I would try and weigh up whether Lotus are moving forward in terms of development in comparison with a team who have had the best car for the past 4 or so years. Its Vettel's back yard, but I think Kimi is the type of character who would stay out of the politics and just try and do his best. He would be a tougher team mate than Vettel has ever faced to this date and feel we could see a strong team mate battle of Kimi decides to join. It could bring fireworks and would be brilliant to watch.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting. I never really look at the commercial side of sponsorship but Total are getting good value at 5M for Romain and the amount of exposure they get.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Why would Kimi move from being No.1 at Lotus to the No.2 at Red Bull? It makes no sense.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

If you ask Red Bull they will say there is no number one driver policy in place. Webber has been allowed to win and out qualify Vettel even if the emotional support of the team hasn't always gone his way. I can't imagine Kimi moving to Red Bull to be number two and the team know that full well. If they make a move for him, they know they will have to give him equal status. They won't sign Kimi under false pretences if they can't deliver a car capable of giving him a championship shot on equal terms to Seb. Kimi's management are not daft either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And, chances are that Lotus are on a downward spiral. I see them slipping down the table next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    And, chances are that Lotus are on a downward spiral. I see them slipping down the table next year.
    They've been struggling for funding for the past 12 months which is widely known. I hadn't realised until today they couldn't afford to pay their drivers. It doesn't give the impression they have the money to invest long term. I would think right now they are Kimi's last option.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    No matter what happens, I hope Lotus keeps Grosjean around. Unlike some other F1 fans, I have a faith in Grosjean. He is fast and can keep up with Kimi in the race. He may have caused some horrific collisions like year, but he seems like a nice fellow who can learn from his mistakes and should improve with more experience. We all have heard by now "Kimi is faster than you" order and similar. One important factor is that he has to carry the weight of racing in the same team with Kimi. I think that can cause a lot of pressure on Romain. There is a good chance Romain could perform better without Raikkonen in the same team.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88

If I were Kimi I would try and weigh up whether Lotus are moving forward in terms of development in comparison with a team who have had the best car for the past 4 or so years.
    That's what I am thinking too. Forget about ALL of the discussions on this forum or elsewhere. The real factor in Kimi's decision is the insider information about Lotus that he certainly has. The stuff we don't know. You know, something like if his salary is being delayed by half year and key people are seen interviewing with other teams and Boullier hides under a desk every time the landlord knocks on a door, then maybe it's the time to go, even if that means that your new shiny front wing may be installed on Vettel's car after he crashes it in practice.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    If Kimi was to go Red Bull, and if his car doesn't get off the line in the first race, this board will raise a collective eyebrow. It will take Red Bull a couple of season's to show that they really do treat their driver's equally.

I actually think that Red Bull will have trouble convincing a new driver that they aren't the number 2 no matter what the team says. Mark Webber is leaving a 3 pounder that will stink for a bit.

Far better for Red Bull to go with Ricciardo or Vergne and keep the Kimi option open on RB terms and not Kimi's.

My money will be on Ricciardo.