Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2nd Red Bull seat

As its the most desired drive for 2014, I thought it deserved a thread to itself.

My thinking is that it's between Vergne and Kimi. The Finn has already said that if he does, it would be his last move in F1 and Jean is forcing himself into the equation.

Who else and why?

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    It can't be anyone else. It will be Kimi.

No one else has a value comparable that of Kimi for Red Bull, not even Vettel. One could say Kimi is the embodiment of Red Bull marketing.

I've got the perfect ad right here.
    Picture this:
    Kimi is sleeping.
    Someone tries to wake him, but he keeps falling asleep.
    Then someone gives him some Red Bull.
    Immediately, we see him on a Red Bull snowmobile ploughing through the snow, making a huge jump through the air. [Insert epic orchestral music here]
    As he lands, he lands on Red Bull motorcoss bike and disappears over a crest. Reappears in his Red Bull Citroen, through some twistie.
    And in the end Kimi in his Red Bull charging up Eau Rouge overtaking someone, probably Alonso (during a practice session ).

(C) This is copyright of Mr Koz June 2013. All rights reserved.

Now time for my Red Bull.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The Hulk....
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Ricciardo for mine. He regularly out qualifies JEV, and also often leads him on the road. He's absolutely ready to step up, it would be a worthwhile reward for much hard work and dedication.

Though in reality (huh?) DR or JEV would do the seat justice, there's very little between them in ability and dedication, but for me DR has the nod.

(Disclaimer: I am Australian and therefore biased. Anything I say cannot be taken seriously because I live on the same continent as DR so I must be besties with the lad and am being paid to spruik his case )

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    I'm thinking that it will end up being either Vergne or Ricciardo because Horner's comments prior to Q1 suggest that snaring Kimi might be a difficult ask. I would wager that Red Bull would pick the winner based on results:

2012 - Vergne 16 v Ricciardo 10
    2013* - Vergne 13* v Ricciardo 7*

On the strength of those numbers, Vergne has the seat.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Kimi is too old and boring.

I think Sutil and Hulkenberg deserve the seat.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I have a feeling this is going to be one of those stories that just runs and runs. Horner will tell the media they are not thinking about Marks replacement just yet, and Kimi will be hassled in every interview he has where he'll deny even being approached.

It could be Kimi, Hulk, Di Resta etc etc. My guess is we'll find out in October.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    One important part of the equation is that Kimi Raikkonen has to know something about Lotus that none of the outsiders know. There always exists a chance that Lotus can implode at any moment. We know the team is on a shaky financial background. Also the performance of Lotus cars has been slipping since the beginning of the year. Then there are the unknown issues that only insiders know. If Raikkonen thinks that Lotus may be in trouble for the next year, this may increase the chases of him signing up with Red Bull for 2014.

However, if Raikkonen doesn't sign up for Red Bull, personally I would love to see di Rest, Hulkenberg, or Sutil in number 2 RedBull next year.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I have a feeling this is going to be one of those stories that just runs and runs. Horner will tell the media they are not thinking about Marks replacement just yet, and Kimi will be hassled in every interview he has where he'll deny even being approached.
    The smartest thing anyone who F1 can do is not open any news links about this until Red Bull announces their driver line-up, or when Lotus announces their line-up.

Until then no one is allowed to say anything useful and if the general public doesn't show interest in gossip, then journalist wouldn't have as much pressure to ask the same stupid questions at every press meeting.
    Not going to happen, but one could only hope.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    From a marketing perspective Kimi would be ideal and I would love to see it happen to find out just how good Vettel really is... but Kimi is a number one driver and would not accept the situation when any preferential treatment or team orders favoured Seb.
    I think Ricciardo or Vergne would be the safest option. We all know how the vast majority of No1 driver team mate pairings in previous years have turned out.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!