Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Best Le Mans simulation

Hi guys. After I've been watching this years Le Mans I've wanted to find a realistic and good simulation. I'm hoping to find one up-to-date. Thanks!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Grand Turismo 5 has a decent representation of Le Mans in both 2005 and 2009+ configuration, with and without the chicanes on the Mullsanne Straight.
    It's not exact, but it races pretty well. I usually run it "chicaneless" because I like the high speeds, lol.

I prefer the 2005 version because it its more technical, if you get off line you will pay the price in the sand traps around the Dunlop Curve, Terte Rouge, on the exit of the Porsche Curves, and in the Ford Chicanes. The 2009+ version has the paved runoff areas that are there now, and its to easy to cheat.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    rFactor. There is a great mod made by Enduracers. The circuit has got many different versions, from the 80's all the way to the current layout. There are some leagues that run this mod, and they organise real endurance races, including driver swaps etc. Nothing will come closer than this.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey what about GPL? A few years ago the mod team came out with a GT mod for Le Mans cars, set in 1967 (naturally). Combined with the Le Mans track (also circa 1967) it's a really fantastic sim. Drive everything from the svelte Ferrari 330 P4, or the Lola T70, or the Mirage, or the brutal Ford Gt40's (220 mph down the mulsanne!)
    "There is no victory in death." - Gilles Villeneuve