Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sibiu Rally

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More photos HERE

Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts
    What is the problem with ERC, only 3 fast pilot's on s2000??!! It is format of ERC or crisis in Europe?

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    I think that it's mostly in waiting for R5 cars. Originally even Škoda didn't plant o do ERC but since Kopecký was winning they changed plans.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 3,305 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    I think that it's mostly in waiting for R5 cars. Originally even Škoda didn't plant o do ERC but since Kopecký was winning they changed plans.
    How many more "fantastic" theories are you going to make out to hide the fact that the ERC calendar is simply overloaded? Do you really think that such drivers as Basso, Rossetti, Breen, Aigner, Magalhaes, Ancian, Kubica or Kajetanowicz are sitting at home thinking "Hmmmm there is an ERC event in Romania, but I'm not going to compete, because I'm waiting for a R5 car" ?

In my opinion the answer is simple. Private drivers can't afford a 12-round ERC these days.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Could be ok with 12-15 rallies to choose from around europe, but for the drivers only 7-8 should count.

All rallies count for the same, no coefficients or other BS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    How many more "fantastic" theories are you going to make out to hide the fact that the ERC calendar is simply overloaded? Do you really think that such drivers as Basso, Rossetti, Breen, Aigner, Magalhaes, Ancian, Kubica or Kajetanowicz are sitting at home thinking "Hmmmm there is an ERC event in Romania, but I'm not going to compete, because I'm waiting for a R5 car" ?In my opinion the answer is simple. Private drivers can't afford a 12-round ERC these days.
    That's of course true but still the main reason why ERC is down compared to IRC few years back is absence of proper manufacturer competition - especially removal of support from local importer teams. That shall (hopefully) come back with R5 cars. In my opinion the main factor to blame is the ban for further S2000 homologations in 2010. Replacing S2000 by 2-3x more expensive option called RRC was devastating and since that time the IRC/ERC goes down.

Liked 3,305 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Could be ok with 12-15 rallies to choose from around europe, but for the drivers only 7-8 should count.
    I said 12 rallies is too many, but you say 15 is ok? Didn't you notice that 15 > 12?

"Mathematics is the mother of all sciences"
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Why is SS13 cancelled?

Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Breen and Ancian are not really private drivers by the way But Rally Sibiu wasn´t on the list of Peugeot Motorsport at the start of their Engagement. I also think the second Skoda Driver is missing, would be more interesting if Lappi wouldn´t have been banned to Asia/Pacific.

True but Peugeot is not doing many rounds. I heard they would not do Barum as well. At least Renault will be there... Regarding Lappi I don't think he is banned from driving ERC but there is simply no budget for that as ERC was not in Škoda pre-season plans.