Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anybody see the Aston Martin crash on the in-car camera?

I think the AM crash happened right in front of the Corvette. Anyone see what happened?
    Let's Go Racing!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He just lost it exiting Forza. Corvette onboard:

ONBOARD 24H Le Mans 2013 Aston Martin Crash - YouTube
    Let's Go Racing!!!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Well the poor fellow lost his life
    so I am less interested in his death video than issueing my sincere condolesnce to his small family for the loss of his life.
    Very sad and tragic.
    RIP Allan Simonsen

a very sobbering reminder that racing ( of all kinds be it cars, or bikes) is a dangerous sport. and those that dare to pursue it have my admiration and respect.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    so I am less interested in his death video than issueing my sincere condolesnce to his small family for the loss of his life.
    Very sad and tragic.
    RIP Allan Simonsen

a very sobbering reminder that racing ( of all kinds be it cars, or bikes) is a dangerous sport. and those that dare to pursue it have my admiration and respect.
    A bad weekend for motorsport. SCCA Formula V driver Jeff Bower was killed yesterday at Lime Rock in a SCCA regional race.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Bare in mind Video was posted before his sad death was announced. At the time some of us wanted to see what happened in the accident.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Yes, very sad and tragic.
    RIP Allan Simonsen

It can be seen in the video a car had spun exiting the corner maybe 200-300 feet in front of him. It looks like he would have had the spinning car's headlights in his eyes as he was exiting the corner.

That may have distracted him, or caused him to react in some way. He seemed a bit wide, got out on the blue paint on the exit from the corner and may have just made a driving error.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    TBF to IndyCarFan this thread was posted quite a bit before the announcement was made that Simonsen had died.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    TBF to IndyCarFan this thread was posted quite a bit before the announcement was made that Simonsen had died.
    Thats right. At the time we were discussing it as an interesting and bizzare racing incident. It was only later that the sad announcement was made.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I meant no disrespect. At the time I made my original post it was only a few minutes after the accident and 2 - 3 hours before they announced he had died. I was just asking if anyone saw what happened. Speed was only showing the accident after the impact. Just before the accident I had been watching from the Corvette's in-car camera via internet streaming and knew that Simonsen had been right in front of the Corvette prior to the accident. I went in to the other room and watched the live coverage on TV just a moment before the accident so I didn't see what happened. I thought maybe the Corvette had attempted a pass and they may have made contact. Once I saw the video it was clear Simonsen just lost it and I thought others might be interested. Not because he died (because we didn't know that at the time) but because when there's an accident most people want to know "what happened?". Especially if the team/car you are rooting for (in this case Corvette) may have somehow been involved. It should also be noted that the video I linked to didn't show Simonsen hitting the Armco. It only showed him losing the backend coming out of the corner and his car disappears from view as the Corvette goes by. You don't see the actual impact which is fine by me. I wouldn't call that a "death video" as someone previously referred to it but if my post offended anyone I apologize.
    Let's Go Racing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyCarFan
    I meant no disrespect. At the time I made my original post it was only a few minutes after the accident and 2 - 3 hours before they announced he had died. I was just asking if anyone saw what happened. Speed was only showing the accident after the impact. Just before the accident I had been watching from the Corvette's in-car camera via internet streaming and knew that Simonsen had been right in front of the Corvette prior to the accident. I went in to the other room and watched the live coverage on TV just a moment before the accident so I didn't see what happened. I thought maybe the Corvette had attempted a pass and they may have made contact. Once I saw the video it was clear Simonsen just lost it and I thought others might be interested. Not because he died (because we didn't know that at the time) but because when there's an accident most people want to know "what happened?". Especially if the team/car you are rooting for (in this case Corvette) may have somehow been involved. It should also be noted that the video I linked to didn't show Simonsen hitting the Armco. It only showed him losing the backend coming out of the corner and his car disappears from view as the Corvette goes by. You don't see the actual impact which is fine by me. I wouldn't call that a "death video" as someone previously referred to it but if my post offended anyone I apologize.
    Those of us here at the time fully understood. No need to apologize