Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    GpA was one of the most popular times for bringing the crowds in.
    Nav

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navtheace
    The FIA could easily control the costs of the R5 car. By taking the rules further with production brake calipers (any car manufacturer and homologated of car production of 2500 models at least etc).

There are many other components they could apply this to, like the turbo.
    Afaik it’s already the case. Look at post #31 in this thread.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts

Re: 2015 WRC Homologation

anything new abbout the homologation regulations for 2015 onwards???
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts

I wonder what’s the ultimate goal with the R5+ is (modified turbo and intake, 34 mm restrictor and extra 30hp: http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/f ... odels.html).

M-Sport say it’s intended for national championships but I find it strange to have a car that’s is more powerful than the R5 & S2000, which are the top class in many national championships. Imo the R5+ belong in a different class than R5 & S2000. Top class R5+, next level R5 &S2000, N4 etc.

The other new model introduced was the Fiesta RS34. Could M-Sport have some deal with FIA to test these new models as possible new WRC formula or is it just MW’s business?
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts

Both have nothing to do with FIA homologations. They are intended for events run under national regulations (specifically BTRDA series I believe).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 23 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    I wonder what’s the ultimate goal with the R5+ is (modified turbo and intake, 34 mm restrictor and extra 30hp: http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/f ... odels.html).

M-Sport say it’s intended for national championships but I find it strange to have a car that’s is more powerful than the R5 & S2000, which are the top class in many national championships. Imo the R5+ belong in a different class than R5 & S2000. Top class R5+, next level R5 &S2000, N4 etc.

The other new model introduced was the Fiesta RS34. Could M-Sport have some deal with FIA to test these new models as possible new WRC formula or is it just MW’s business?
    I like the question you're asking. I find it quite strange to have them just for national rallies too. Seems a bit...odd.

Or maybe MW just tries to sell a Fiesta two times. Twice the buyers twice the money to burn a hole in his pocket?