Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Superrally or Rally 2 or whatever

What do you guys think, is it really necessary? Naturally the teams don't want to get rid off the rule since they want visibility for their product. But what does the fans say? I, personally, would like to return to the time when an off was an off and an enginefailure could end the rally. That made think how they drove and it made the championship more interesting. Of course, a single rallywise I can see folks wanting to keep it, more cars and flatout driving throughout the rally.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts

Re: Superrally

I think that this discussion was made very often during last year. I prefer also system without superally (or system which is in ERC - when you retire, you can continue, but only for leg bonus points, not overall result). But with small number of drivers in WRC and problems with their reliability, on lot of events there should not be so many crews in finish.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts

Absolutely not. But necessary evil with commercial value as many other things in Motorsport in general. I don't think flat out driving on super Rally is more appealing, I don't remember anything special with a driver doing with Super Rally, but I do remember Colin McRae bending propshaft with a rock, trying to continue the stage. Ehhhh those were the days.....
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

superally can stay... but the time penalty should increase.

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts

I was arguing very often about that last year I'm fully against superally. Who retired shall not be in overall results. It's unsportsmanlike against the privateers and drivers from down the order (who are missing more and more in the start list and without whom the rallies could be hardly organized in the future). They deserve to be classified ahead of those who retired. The most ridiculous was Spain 2012 where retired crews were faster than all 2WD cars over the long muddy stage!

Besides that I don't think that no superally somehow damages the show - IRC was without superally and it didn't result in ten crews in finish or so. RMC is usually also without superally and there were no extraordinary numbers of retirements. I do believe that teams and drivers are able to adapt.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts

Superrally or Rally 2 is shite and should be dropped by all events, just like on RMC. If you crash out, you're out and that's it.

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts

Superrally

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv
    I don't remember anything special with a driver doing with Super Rally, but I do remember Colin McRae bending propshaft with a rock, trying to continue the stage. Ehhhh those were the days.....
    This^^^.

Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts

i really dont know what to prefere.There are pros and cons for both systems.Maybe a bigger penalty that they cant surpass slower drivers that they didn t retired?
    i would like to see Neuville or Sordo for example at next days at Monte.

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts

I have to agree with NOT and Dimitri. It is good for the show and spectators but it is unfair for the slower crews. As long as it does not interfere massively with results it is not bad to be there. Saying that the current penalty system is too simplistic and has to change somehow if superrally stays in the future.
    A system similar to ERC works best IMO (extra points for each leg), though a bit confusing with points for the non-hardcore fans.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Re: Superrally.

If some pair go off, they can be allowed back in again, but;
    Must run first on the road.
    Will only get times on the stages, but not count on the overall list.