Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Toyota vs Honda in 2007

So two Japanese car manufacturer giants, who continually haven't found the key to fight for the highest positions. And it looks as though as it takes another couple of years for the Japanese to become a serious threat to top challengers. But as long as one of them has not reached winning ways, then the another - home rival - isn't probably too worried.

Interestingly Toyota and Honda have quite often fought quite close to each other in F1. As I during winter somewhere said - they have collected almost equal amount of points from the last two seasons (88+35 and 38+86) and they also often ran quite close in 2002 and 2003. Only in 2004 the gap was too big to see any battle there.

In 2005 Toyota started well with BAR being far behind, but in the second half of the season BAR managed to catch Toyota in terms of competitiveness. For the start of 2006 Honda had gone in front, but by mid-season Toyota almost managed to catch Honda only to fall into deep trouble with reliability and Honda finding its form again. Now at the start of 2007 Toyota has a slight edge again.

15 races to go. How will the battle for the title of the best Japanese F1 team end this season?

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Thus far, Toyota will win. It is unbelievable how much that Honda sucks.

Although, Honda may pull the rabbit out of the bag with the new car that is rumoured to be released by the Canadian GP.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Honda will end up behind Williams, BMW, Renault, RBR, McLaren, Ferrari & Toyota. They will be battling for 8th place with Torro Rosso and their own B team (the definition of the word "humiliation").

From 2004 -- aside from the last couple of months last year -- they have gone nowhere but down. And this hurts a Honda fan like me, who really likes Honda's road cars as well as its attitude as a company.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Both Japanese teams have been disappointing.

Honda have been Real Racers in other series, and they are competive out of the box in ALMS LP2. No idea why they are struggling in F-1. Honda's drivers are better than the cars.

Toyota's been in F-1 long enough to be much closer to the front. Changing tech directors so often... just seems to have them constantly starting over. Toyota also has made poor driver choices.

All in all, a sorry performane for both companies.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Thus far, Toyota will win. It is unbelievable how much that Honda sucks.

Although, Honda may pull the rabbit out of the bag with the new car that is rumoured to be released by the Canadian GP.
    Ouch - 2 races into the season and they are already plumping for a new design. Is the number "107" seriously unlucky in some cultural tradition? :\

I think that if people ask, I will tell them that the "GP HONDA" vanity plate on my S2000 means I am a general practice physician.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Ahso - Veery Veery Raw year
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I'd add that in this battle probably one of the keywords is that which one of them can develop quicker between Sakhir and Barcelona races as there is an almost one-month-long pause of racing.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Don't forget, Honda are racers at heart, while Toyota is in F1 for publicity only (same thing for their NASCAR program). I think Honda will eventually fight back and beat Toyota fair and square.
    Llibertat

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    What makes you say that? I think Toyota will do better than Honda this season.