Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    3 very good drivers who just didn't quite take their opportunities. Tuohino did great in his 2 works outings for Ford in 04, couldn't really make the Xsara work as well as it could. It's a shame Pykalisto didnt get more rewards from his link with a works team.

Without the right management your whole career can hinge on a few WRC drives, which is why as a Brit I fear for Wilks right now.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cossie16
    Maybe the case, however in the past quite a few of Finland's "has beens" and "wannabees" have gone on to bigger and better things.
    To be able to dominate the world rally scene like Finland has done over the past 40 plus years there will always be a few that fall by the wayside.

Is this guy for real? From some of your other posts I can only presume that you are a troll and looks like I fell for it .
    you missed the 'last few years' thingy in my post....none argues the domination of the nation in the sport....but in the last few years the only driver that came out of finland worth mentioning is Gronholm...

The fact that finland has the best rally managers that manage to promote tomato cans to wrc seats doesn't mean that they domiante nowadays as far as driving is concerned....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was very difficult at the time for them to achive good results. Tuohino and Pykalisto were always the favourites for me, but it didn´t work out. It´s a pitty, but as someone allready said, finns seems to have the talent at all times.
    GO Ott and Sander!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timole
    It was very difficult at the time for them to achive good results. Tuohino and Pykalisto were always the favourites for me, but it didn´t work out. It´s a pitty, but as someone allready said, finns seems to have the talent at all times.
    Yes thats how it is, of 10 good guys only maybe 2-3 makes it to a works seat and to get money for the driving, now when there is only a few teams it's offcourse more difficult, but there is nothing to worry about the Finnish guy's. Things look bright even for the future, Latvala, Hänninen, Alen and others are on their way, not everyone will make it but some will for sure.
    It's good to remember that the last new WRC event winner was Hirvonen.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    but in the last few years the only driver that came out of finland worth mentioning is Gronholm...

Who was for many years before his Peugeot deal considered as a has been... Remember that he was over 30 when he really made it and had been trying for many years. So it only proves that being on the right place at the right time is as important as talent. And also that you can make without the help (and despite all bashing) of Jouhki.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Things look bright even for the future, Latvala, Hänninen, Alen and others are on their way, not everyone will make it but some will for sure.
    I am quite certain that at least one of those three will be world champion in the future. Latvala is on his way; it's now only down to him to develope and do the results. Alen is very talented with strong backing. Hänninen is also very talented and extremely smart driver.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    I am quite certain that at least one of those three will be world champion in the future. Latvala is on his way; it's now only down to him to develope and do the results. Alen is very talented with strong backing. Hänninen is also very talented and extremely smart driver.
    yep,yep, all of those has strong backing, and every year there is coming some new one with potential.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When you talk about three musketeers I think about the season 1998: Mäkinen-Sainz-McRae
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z
    A.F.F., stop crying! Your three musketeers aren't competing in WRC, but it doesn't mean that they are dead and should be buried! There are other championships than just WRC! I fully agree with HaCo

Was I crying ? I didn't mean to at least. What I know, I failed to deliver the irony OF MY OWN posts back then

Anyways, you have a point and it's taken. Without proper backing a driver can't achieve what could be rightfully his. Should Mr.jouhki been a manager for any of the trio, theings could have been different.

However, I'm not saying young lads didn't got their chance because they did. Jani Paasonen had the best opportunity to prove himself and I have to say, he got close. But not quite there. Also, Pykälistö made some good runs and having Marcus as his manager promised something that never happened. It seem that Pykälistö is quite enjoying himself as a test driver for Citroen. What comes to Tuohino, I think he also got chances. At the same breath, I admit I haver never thought he could be a champion. But that's just me.

Now, Paasonen is driving what he can, mostly in Czec, Pykälistö is a test driver and I'm anxious to see if the rumours conserning Tuohino and S2000 Toyota comes true. I'd kill to see Paasonen behind the wheel of S2000 Fabia

Finland will always continue on prodicing champions to this sport. That's just the way it is.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, nowdays young drivers dont get competitive cars so often, so that they can show what they are made of, when they get, they have to drive with very big risk to do result, often that ends up in the woods.
    The current recce system does not make it easier either for upcoming drivers, I think like AFF that Pykälistö is quite happy at Citroen, and also that Tuohino got his chanses, he did good on snow, but in my opinion he is too much of a mood driver, the driving differs too much from 1 day to another. Paasonen i think was fastest of them, but was always sitting in crap cars (except once with Ford) and had to overdrive big time to get somekind of result.
    But thats the past and new guy's are on the way.
    Aja kovaa Pena.