Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Three musketeers

A couple of years ago I started a thread of three musketeers; Paasonen, Pykälistö and Tuohino, and about their future in WRC. At that time it looked rather bright.

Well, I think it's time for conclusion. None of it happened. Thank you. No further questions Your Hounour.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    A couple of years ago I started a thread of three musketeers; Paasonen, Pykälistö and Tuohino, and about their future in WRC. At that time it looked rather bright.

Well, I think it's time for conclusion. None of it happened. Thank you. No further questions Your Hounour.
    A.F.F., you don't need the World Rally Championship to have three musketeers. The time when I was very young, we in Belgium had 4 musketeers: Robert Droogmans, Gilbert Stapelare, Patrick Snijers and Marc Duez. They were top drivers and showed very very exciting and interesting battles in Belgian Championship. Since they parted, belgian chamionship never have been so exciting as those days.

What happens nowadays. There is a good driver and he, with a lot of money, is sended to the World Championship. Like with Duval, what is left, no top drivers, no challenging battles and a lot less money.

World Championship is interesting and it is nice to see a top driver of your own country at the top there, but I am starting to realise to that nothing is more exciting to have great drivers and great battles in your own country.

Those three that you might never really made it into world championship, but it is not the end of the world. I hope they are pasionate enough to get back to their home country, find the right budget and sho their own country that they are worth their money...

PS: Just got back from belgian TAC Rally, where I saw Freddy Loix and Larry Cols battling, one was world top level in WRC, other in JWRC...
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Interesting to note that all three of them has first names starting with a "J".
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interestingly none of them were managed by Jouhki!
    leftfootbraking.com
    brake to steer
    where there is a shark, there is a finn

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pentti
    Interestingly none of them were managed by Jouhki!

That is it

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaCo
    you don't need the World Rally Championship to have three musketeers. The time when I was very young, we in Belgium had 4 musketeers: Robert Droogmans, Gilbert Stapelare, Patrick Snijers and Marc Duez. They were top drivers and showed very very exciting and interesting battles in Belgian Championship.
    Oh yes, I remember Droogmans and Snijers as well! They were competing in the Rally of Poland many times and it was always exciting. I remember that Snijers was younger and faster than Droogmans, but was also more likely to crash, so you never knew who would win.

Those were the days...
    Robert Droogmans:
    http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=152&pg_[go]=53
    Patrick Snijers:
    http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=152&pg_[go]=66

A.F.F., stop crying! Your three musketeers aren't competing in WRC, but it doesn't mean that they are dead and should be buried! There are other championships than just WRC! I fully agree with HaCo
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Les Trois Mousquetaires is one of the best books I have on Belgian rallying! As for your choice of three musketeers in the UK we had Wilkes,Meeke and McShea and what happened to them...just the same in reality.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are still Finns who will carry the Finnish flag in WRC for a long time like Hirvonen and Latvala, and there will be new talents, so no worries!
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Finlands ability to produce 'has beens' and 'wannabes' the last few years is amazing

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Finlands ability to produce 'has beens' and 'wannabes' the last few years is amazing
    Maybe the case, however in the past quite a few of Finland's "has beens" and "wannabees" have gone on to bigger and better things.
    To be able to dominate the world rally scene like Finland has done over the past 40 plus years there will always be a few that fall by the wayside.

Is this guy for real? From some of your other posts I can only presume that you are a troll and looks like I fell for it .