Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Despite the fact that Alonso was hired as the #1 driver, I doubt there is anyone in McLaren that minds Hamilton being ahead. Hamilton is British (like McLaren), and he has been contracted to McLaren for most of his career. If he can bring McLaren a WDC ahead of Alonso, everyone but Alonso will be estatic. In any F1 team, the #1 driver is the one with the better chance of winning races & being WDC. Right now, Hamilton is ahead in WDC points, so he just might be #1.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alonso isn't use to having a team mate that can match him. His last team mate was average. Now there are four great drivers in F1. I am a Lewis fan and he the real deal.

Alonso
    Lewis
    Massa
    Kimi

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Yep.. its all begining to happen as predicted..

Maybe Im reading too much into it but did anyone else notice FA's body language after the race?... from the TV footage it looked as though they hardly said a word to each other and was as if he couldnt bear even looking at him.. then on the podium FA had his back turned on Lewis the whole time while celebrating.

Thrown the rattle out of the pram I think.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    . then on the podium FA had his back turned on Lewis the whole time while celebrating.
    You were expecting him to look straight into the champagne shower Lewis was sending towards him?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I really feel for Fernando right now. After winning two championships and beating the greatest driver in history in 2006, he expected to carry his winning form in McLaren and to dominate his young and inexperienced teammate and in the last two race Hamilton simply humiliated him. And he wasn't even winner last year in Barcelona (in GP 2), a track in which Alonso should dominate.
    After Bahrain I was sure that Alonso will bounce back, I hope that he can recover after today, even if I am a Ferrari fan.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Passing attempt or not FA didn't have the pace to keep up with LH today.
    I think you should change your signature to "I always make non backed up claims". How come FA didnt have the pace to keep with LH? The gap between them in the first stint opened up because of failed passing attempt and because of Raikkonen between them. And FA tyres probably wasnt in the good condition after excursion on the grass. So the first stint isnt the good indication of their pace.

In the second stint FA lost about 5 seconds (the gap between them was about 10 seconds after first pitstop), but regained them in the last stint. And keep in mind that during the second stint FA was on harder tyres and with 4 laps more fuel, and in the last stint, where LH was on harder tyres, they were equally fuelled, so both these stints combined FA showed better pace than LH.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kub24
    I think you should change your signature to "I always make non backed up claims". How come FA didnt have the pace to keep with LH? The gap between them in the first stint opened up because of failed passing attempt and because of Raikkonen between them. And FA tyres probably wasnt in the good condition after excursion on the grass. So the first stint isnt the good indication of their pace.

In the second stint FA lost about 5 seconds (the gap between them was about 10 seconds after first pitstop), but regained them in the last stint. And keep in mind that during the second stint FA was on harder tyres and with 4 laps more fuel, and in the last stint, where LH was on harder tyres, they were equally fuelled, so both these stints combined FA showed better pace than LH.
    I dont understand how anyone in this world can say that Hamilton was slower than Alonso at Barcelona.
    Face it - Your boy was made look stupid by Hamilton.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 37 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    I dont understand how anyone in this world can say that Hamilton was slower than Alonso at Barcelona.
    Face it - Your boy was made look stupid by Hamilton.
    It´s because of remarks like these, and many others alike, that I've chosen, a long time ago, to only discuss things on the rally forums. Because there 9 times out of 10 people actually discuss. Here 9 times out of 10 people act like idiots. Even more so when the discussion in question is about "favorite drivers". So I won´t give my opinion about Alonso vs Hamilton, or Massa vs Raikkonen or whatever because it´s not worth it. So this being a "one off" I shall return to the rally forums and just pop here once in a while to go through the opinions and discussions which are sensible and civilized. Fortunately there are some, still.
    2024 Season: F1:Fernando/Max! WRC: Kalle/Thierry! ERC:Hayden! CPR:Armindo!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FAlonso
    It´s because of remarks like these, and many others alike, that I've chosen, a long time ago, to only discuss things on the rally forums. Because there 9 times out of 10 people actually discuss. Here 9 times out of 10 people act like idiots. Even more so when the discussion in question is about "favorite drivers". So I won´t give my opinion about Alonso vs Hamilton, or Massa vs Raikkonen or whatever because it´s not worth it. So this being a "one off" I shall return to the rally forums and just pop here once in a while to go through the opinions and discussions which are sensible and civilized. Fortunately there are some, still.
    There are 4 drivers with skill and opportunity to be WDC in 2007. Lets enjoy this year and fight between them...may the best man win. And all the "losers" are still great drivers. Its wonderful to be F1 fan at the moment.
    - Sinun paras ottaa sanomalehti mukaan, sillä kärjessä tulee olemaan tylsää.
    Red Bull -tallin Mark Webber vihjasi Kimi Räikköselle ennen Australian GP:tä. 19.3.2007.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    What you say is so true FAlonso, we rarely get the same on the WRC forum... We generally have muchos respect for all drivers, well apart from one single person who hates Sebastien! There doesnt seem to be a lot of respect for drivers on here.

Im more a Hamilton fan than anything else.. but Im sorry Garry, LH was better overall and his performance as a rookie was once again amazing but he didnt exactly make FA look "stupid" as you say.

And.. Well said Shalafi
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!