Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Advice for Deutschland

Hi all, I registered here with the intent of getting some advice for Rallye Deutschalnd this summer. I guess a brief introduction would be nice, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada at the moment, Melbourne last year, South Africa the States and another part of Canada at other times. I've always been interested in motor sport and last year I had the chance to go to Phillip Island for the Moto GP (2005) but I missed the F1, shame, I'll go to Montreal this year to make up for it. Anyway, to the point. I'm just wondering very general things like (provide links please if you have the info but don't feel like typing it out :P)

1) Gold, silver or bronze rally pass? The only difference I notice is the circus maximus event, whether or not you get access, seats or standing room. I don't even know what the circus maximus is. Is it worth the extra 10 or 20 euro?

2) Should I make arrangements for a car or is there other transport to the stages like bus that is easier than going by car? I'd like to make it to as many stages as possible of course. The only reason I worry is because of possible traffic jams like at monte carlo a couple years ago.

3) I'll probably be staying in Trier, as close to service park as possible, any advice on hotels or whether other types of accomidation is better would be great as well.

4) Finally, any general info regarding things to bring to the stages that first timers forget.

My dad and I will land in Frankfurt on thursday and be around for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I wanted to go to the Nurburgring but couldn't fit it in. Thanks for any help!

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    1) Not sure about tickets but read all the info on the official website and you'll probably find out what you need - ie do you want seats at the superspecial?

2) Rent a car, no way around it.

3) Plenty of hotels in Trier but try to book as early as you can to avoid them being full up. http://redaktion.trier.de/praefectus...english/we.htm

4) Waterproofs and binoculars! Avoid the stage-side food unless you want a visit to the local A&E. Watch out for the marshals unless you can bribe them.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    1; the times I went to Deutschland Rally, I bought daycards.. But I didn't need them! I was never checked on cards, only at big spectator points
    2; I should go by car, jams aren't that worse in Germany, only in the Baumholder, militairy place.. Don't go away there early, 'cause you'll get stuck!
    3;can't help you with that!
    4; don't go to spectator points in Germany.. Climb up a hill, or walk a bit further into the stage, especially in the winestages (day 1+3) I shouldn't go to Erzweiler or Panzerplatte if I were you, there are places where you can follow the cars for long but it's very busy out there and not really spectaculair..
    The hairpins on the winestages are very good!

I hope you can use this! I know a jump, if you want to know where that is, tell me please!
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 128 Times in 34 Posts
    Hello,

I'm from Germany and visited the rally in 2005 & 2006, so I'll try to help you.

1) Correct. The only difference is, whether or not you get access to seats or standing room. Circus Maximus is the german Super Special Stage. It's new this year, the years before it has been in St. Wendel, so it's quite difficult to say if it's worth it.
    This is the track:

You can also buy tickets on the access roads to the spectator points, they cost 15€ per day. So that's the cheapest way and the way I'm always going for.

2) You should take a car. Normally there are no problems with traffic jams, there are 5 billion ( ) roads in Germany and even the smallest roads are asphaltic. So a car is the quickest way to get to the stages. Monte Carlo is really narrow and there are only a few roads, but it's not like that in Germany.

3) We're always sleeping in our cars or in tents just at the stages. That's the best rally athmosphere you can get :-)
    For hotels you can check: http://www.booking.com

4) Weather can be unpredictable in Germany so don't forget all sorts of clothes ;-)
    http://patrik-pangerl.com
    World Rally Photography since 2005

If you need more information feel free to ask

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, im a regular on rally GB and allways stay in the car/van actually on the stages, is this possible on raly germany like in the UK?

what stages do you recomend?

is it worth getting the gold pass? a seat may be appreciated after standing in the stages all day

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for all the replies so far, I am ordering the tickets today or tomorrow . I am now checking out the hotels, I figured to get a hotel in Trier because the service park is there and I'd like to hang around there after all the days stages are over. So I wonder,

how long is there activity at the service park after all the day's stages are over?

I think I don't mind sleeping in the car at the stages, but my dad is old and maybe would become sore the next day :P.

I hope the '07 Focus will be able to challenge Loeb for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Body Stylist
    Hi, im a regular on rally GB and allways stay in the car/van actually on the stages, is this possible on raly germany like in the UK?

what stages do you recomend?

is it worth getting the gold pass? a seat may be appreciated after standing in the stages all day

Yes it's possible to stay in the car, there are lots of people at the stages in the evening

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Thanks for all the replies so far, I am ordering the tickets today or tomorrow . I am now checking out the hotels, I figured to get a hotel in Trier because the service park is there and I'd like to hang around there after all the days stages are over. So I wonder,

how long is there activity at the service park after all the day's stages are over?

I think I don't mind sleeping in the car at the stages, but my dad is old and maybe would become sore the next day :P.

I hope the '07 Focus will be able to challenge Loeb for the win!
    I don't know the exact times when the service park is open but there is always activity till around 9 to 10 pm or longer.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can not read the ticket buying section in the rallye deutschland site, I can't seem to find on option to view it in english, when I select english in the top left corner it just returns me to the home page

Is there a way to view the ticket buying section in english? I feel daft now.