Thread: Crowds

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Crowds

Oulton was the first meeting I've got to this season, so I don't know what the crowds have been like elsewhere, but this weekend was the busiest BTCC meeting I have ever seen. The official website is reporting over 40,000 attendance, which doesn't surprise me.

It did make me wonder how busy the first three meetings have been? This was by far the biggest Oulton crowd and I'm interested if its a trend or not, as in terms of general media exposure and promotion its been pretty stagnant over the last few years, yet it seems the crowd figures are going up and up.

Sure the weather certainly helped, but most Oulton meetings recently have been pretty good as well.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Oulton was the first meeting I've got to this season, so I don't know what the crowds have been like elsewhere, but this weekend was the busiest BTCC meeting I have ever seen. The official website is reporting over 40,000 attendance, which doesn't surprise me.

It did make me wonder how busy the first three meetings have been? This was by far the biggest Oulton crowd and I'm interested if its a trend or not, as in terms of general media exposure and promotion its been pretty stagnant over the last few years, yet it seems the crowd figures are going up and up.

Sure the weather certainly helped, but most Oulton meetings recently have been pretty good as well.
    I wasn't there, but it looked packed on the TV coverage. I wouldn't have said that about the previous meetings this season. A year or two ago MotorSport ran an article I felt was rather beneath what I'd consider their usual quality threshold in which the writer stated how good the BTCC crowds that year (I think it was 2011) had been compared with 10 years ago. It ignored completely the fact that crowds in 2001, when the series was at one of its lowest ebbs, were generally poor. Therefore the figures didn't strike me as that impressive.

I'd consider anything around 30,000 to 40,000 for a public event on the BTCC's level to be excellent. You're quite right, I think, about the championship having made no great strides in terms of its wider exposure. Oulton always seems to get excellent audiences for its major meetings, the Gold Cup historic meeting being another good example. It will be interesting to see how the BTCC crowd is at somewhere like Snetterton if the weather is similarly nice.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Oulton park usually has an enormous crowd, certainly the events I've been to there. It always seems to strike lucky with the weather too which I think is a big factor - causal fans won't pay to sit in a field in the rain!

Dude i was missed but conversation is craze in my mind that i want to watch the video of this amazing and watch what happened special in this race..