Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Has anyone mentioned Mark in Oshawa yet? His posting became less frequent awhile back, but he'd still drop by from time to time. I don't think I've seen him around in a year or better.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    I feel sorry about not paying too much attention to him, when he was around more often. He would often agree with my points, and I was just too lazy to say "Thanks, buddy".
    Llibertat

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    He was here mostly as a CART/Champ Car fan. When those series went belly up he didn't take so much to the IRL. He also used to work as a volunteer in Timing & Scoring for Canadian club races as well as the Toronto Indy. It's possible he's still hanging out on another board where the few US open wheel fans are now. His sporadic posting was because he was an over the road truck driver and out of town and not easily connected to the internet much of the time. His last regular posting here was when Easy Drifter left us to race in another place.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Mark in Oshawa yet? His posting became less frequent awhile back, but he'd still drop by from time to time. I don't think I've seen him around in a year or better.
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/show...awa#post935192

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Hey what happened to Stevie G? miss his enthusiasm on the football thread (only pino to deal with there )
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    So, I'm still here, but don't post very often now. I have too many other focusses in life as you may see from my new location.

Seems weird to think I signed up in 2001 when I was still 15!
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

7. Likes: steveaki13 (30th December 2014),Storm (31st December 2014)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I rarely remember to visit Chit Chat or even any other section outside F1. But this is an interesting thread to read back a bit.

People come and go, some disappear completely. Well, basically like an everyday life. But I still have the habit to come back to here every now and then. Sometimes discuss really a lot actually. Despite all the changes in life throughout years, here at Motorsportforums is something that keeps me here.

A lot of people have left, but in a way current athmosphere is also sort of pleasant. It feels like a family. Small friendly group of people discussing about stuff. F1 section has died down, but the nasty arguments have also died down. Feels like good sharing.

I am still unsure, how to take bad arguing. Then again behind even the most insane debates there are personalities and people, who feel like they have something important to say. But there is only so much you can take before realizing it is all useless in the end.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Two very righteous bros popped into my failing memory. I wonder what ever happened to Camelopard, he was a very cool head, that knew a lot about rock and roll. Also a guy (I think) that I thought was most razzuess; Leopardsleeping, I think he was from Nigeria. And where is my dawg Koz? Maybe he finally got some sleep!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Two very righteous bros popped into my failing memory. I wonder what ever happened to Camelopard, he was a very cool head, that knew a lot about rock and roll. Also a guy (I think) that I thought was most razzuess; Leopardsleeping, I think he was from Nigeria. And where is my dawg Koz? Maybe he finally got some sleep!
    I´ve met Camelopard and his lovely wife in Portugal and in Finland. He told me that in the 70´s he was building silos for farmers in my neighbourhood in sweden. In 2011 I know he was here and visited his old buildings (some of them).
    he was a Ford lover and always took pics of numberplates.
    Why don´t we just mail him? Have you done that?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    I´ve met Camelopard and his lovely wife in Portugal and in Finland. He told me that in the 70´s he was building silos for farmers in my neighbourhood in sweden. In 2011 I know he was here and visited his old buildings (some of them).
    he was a Ford lover and always took pics of numberplates.
    Why don´t we just mail him? Have you done that?
    I have not tried messaging him!
    May the forza be with you