Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    No baby for Daniel that I'm aware of. Unless you count his dog
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    No baby for Daniel that I'm aware of. Unless you count his dog
    That's how rumors get started . . . but if he did have a child, it would definitely be Windows OS.

"groan" . . . . sorry Daniel, I could not resist.
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Same here
    I get confused by name changes too.

Quote Originally Posted by pino
    From Formula1 forum I do miss tinchote, Valve Bounce and Gannex, great posters all of them

Btw even the mighty ArrowsFA1 has disappeared
    Arrows occasionally pops up still doesn't he? Valve also. However their imput is sadly missed.

In the F1 forum there are so few regulars now, that we run out or debates to have. Thats why I try to ask opposing questions rather than just rant. Hopefully thats how it comes across.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    I didn't realise that! Good for Danniel!
    errr.... I didn't mention it's a baby puppy.

The nappies bit is true though, I saw the pics
    United in diversity !!!

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I know Valve Bounce has lost interest in F1 in general and occasionally posts in the Chit Chat section, but no longer joins in any real debates in the F1 bit sadly. I had noticed ArrowsFA1 had stopped posting too and haven't really seen him for 6 months or more. A shame because he is one of the more knowledgeable and decent posters here and hopefully everything is ok and we'll see him back on here soon.

I think eki is the biggest mystery of the lot. He went from posting near enough every single day and then it completely stopped. It must be a year or more now? There are posters who post very little in comparison to what they used to as well. Dave B pops up occasionally but not daily. It might well be because F1 just isn't as exciting any more and the disappearance of certain people encourages the disappearance of others perhaps? Or people are simply following other interests in their lives.
    I think all the points you make are spot on.

F1 I feel has lost a bit of its intrigue and maybe people find it less interesting or less complex? I am not quite sure.

Also like you said, the lack on UK F1 coverage seems to have unsuprisingly left people feeling lost to F1. Sad state F1 is getting into. Attracting the casual fans who care little about the sport by introducing currant rules, but losing F1 hardcore like us, by cutting coverage and taking away its soul.

Thus the F1 forum has less debating and seems to have more ranting.

Great response to the thread guys.

Tell me though how do so many of you know each other? It sounds like alot of you have met.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Met quite a few back in the touring car days.

I've met Ibby and GridGirl on a few occasions recently and was supposed to do so again this weekend but had to cancel.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I've never met anybody from here in real life. I wouldn't turn down the opportunity whether its a friendly drink or a fight though

The F1 forum consists of about 7 posters and when you compare that to 2008/09 its a fraction of what it was. That's quite sad and although TV rights isn't the whole reason, it doesn't help. The sport has turned a bit Mickey Mouse in the last 3 years IMO and interest is definitely being sought from the casual fans. This forum could advertise more through twitter but that's just my opinion. It could be worse though, you could have a desert like 10 tenths or a troll feat like the others. At least this place has quality rather than quantity.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I've never met anybody from here in real life. I wouldn't turn down the opportunity whether its a friendly drink or a fight though

The F1 forum consists of about 7 posters and when you compare that to 2008/09 its a fraction of what it was. That's quite sad and although TV rights isn't the whole reason, it doesn't help. The sport has turned a bit Mickey Mouse in the last 3 years IMO and interest is definitely being sought from the casual fans. This forum could advertise more through twitter but that's just my opinion. It could be worse though, you could have a desert like 10 tenths or a troll feat like the others. At least this place has quality rather than quantity.
    Exactly, push to pass + DRS + chewing gum tires is not really appealing to those who watched F1 for a long time.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

I agree.

I tried posting on 10 10ths a while back but got out of the habbit.

Where else do you post?

Anyway it seems quality new members are thin and far between. We get either alot of spam style posters or those that just like stirring things up or good new posters who disappear after a while.