Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter

What confuses me is how many people change names here... hard to keep track of who changed names and who is no longer around.
    Same here
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    All the names mentioned here are ones I recognise and its a shame some have disappeared. I suppose people's lives change and they don't get a great deal of time for hobbies like this. The forum in general has got quiet over the past 3 years, but think the migration of the board and the loss of TV coverage has taken its toll. I know Sonic said farewell when the BBC sold half its coverage, and I'm guessing a few others left after heated debates. That's life though. We did lose Easy Drifter who was always interesting to debate with, but that was due to tragic reasons. It would be nice to attract new members again rather than spammers or banned members who register several usernames simultaneously pretending to be different people.

I wish there wasn't an option for changing usernames here though. Its kind of like a drivers helmet and becomes a posters identity. Its very confusing when you spend months wondering what happened to someone and then you realise you've been debating with them under a different name!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Well, ya still got me! See, don't that make ya feel better? Not really, huh? It's OK. I have to live with me and it bothers me too.

Eki and Hazell are two that I noticed were no longer posting. Daniel and GridGirl don't post much anymore either. As much tension as there was between those two, I figured it was only a matter of time before they either killed each other... or got married. Also, it was funny to see DemolicionChica pop up elsewhere, but she never really posts - just moderates. My ol' pal from Finland, Jukka, used to post here but I seem to have lost track of him. Man, I think his daughter is a teenager now! I remember when she was born! With the implosion of North American formula car racing, quite a few of the people who I used to see around here, 7th Gear and from the old MSNBC Racing Board have either moved on, gone underground or died off.

There's only a small handful of us "old timers" left on here. I think next month will be my 13th year here. Crap, I've been here longer than I've been in any relationship, lived in any one place or worked at the same place! Hey Mark! Mark!!! Do I get a pension???
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    To name but a few that are missed :
    Carlmetro
    HazellB
    Oily Oaf
    Erki
    DD
    Edgar
    Carl is still kicking around, mostly doing driving instructing these days.
    Oily Oaf got the wrong end of the stick about a joke many years ago and scarpered.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Daniel and GridGirl don't post much anymore either. As much tension as there was between those two, I figured it was only a matter of time before they either killed each other... or got married.
    hehe, they are both really nice people! Doubt they would get married as both of them are in relationships with other people that they met on this forum!!

Also, it was funny to see DemolicionChica pop up elsewhere, but she never really posts - just moderates.
    Where was that? I often see her on my facebook feed, usually complaining Obama has closed some road to do something
    Hey Mark! Mark!!! Do I get a pension???
    I feel like I need one sometimes!!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    This thread is like a sort of class reunion. Those who are missing are dearly remembered.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I do miss a few members, Storm and ody among them
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    We did lose Easy Drifter who was always interesting to debate with, but that was due to tragic reasons.
    The same with Speedbump, who was mostly on the Indy board (when it was CART/ChampCar). Sarahfan (Ken) will remember him too.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    The same with Speedbump, who was mostly on the Indy board (when it was CART/ChampCar). Sarahfan (Ken) will remember him too.
    Oh dear I don't remember that one as I don't ever venture onto the Indy Board. Did they pass away and how did you find out?

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    I recall CampioneFerrari got emotional after I wrote a post meaning to poke fun at him. He had been starting threads like 'Alonso overhyped', 'Barrichello's time up' etc. one by one. Then I put all that derogatory stuff together and applied it to Schumacher. Campy got offended and it might have been then when he quit the forum. I feel guilty.
    Llibertat