Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Euro Troll was posting about 30 a day , but now nothing for 2 months.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Whatever happened to?

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    I agree.

I tried posting on 10 10ths a while back but got out of the habbit.

Where else do you post?

Anyway it seems quality new members are thin and far between. We get either alot of spam style posters or those that just like stirring things up or good new posters who disappear after a while.
    I only really post on here now. Posted on 10 tenths last week but hadn't for months before that. It's dull on there and very quiet to say the least. I also got an infraction on there once for advertising this place and it put the death on it for me really. It's no longer on my daily check list lol. Quite a few of the new posters here have been the same person it has to he said. Stirring has been the only agenda and we need quality discussion not sad stuff like that.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    Euro Troll was posting about 30 a day , but now nothing for 2 months.
    Probably he's in love......

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Hardcore F1 fans appear hard to come by.

Of all the people I know well, only 4 or 5 watch F1, however none of those are interested enough to watch all races in some form, let alone learn about it or post on it.

Unlike say Football where loads of people are fans and are willing to talk about it all day, F1 doesnt have that it seem, meaning people who are passionate about it (like us here) are very rare.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I've never met anybody from here in real life. I wouldn't turn down the opportunity whether its a friendly drink or a fight though

The F1 forum consists of about 7 posters and when you compare that to 2008/09 its a fraction of what it was. That's quite sad and although TV rights isn't the whole reason, it doesn't help. The sport has turned a bit Mickey Mouse in the last 3 years IMO and interest is definitely being sought from the casual fans. This forum could advertise more through twitter but that's just my opinion. It could be worse though, you could have a desert like 10 tenths or a troll feat like the others. At least this place has quality rather than quantity.
    That's better than the IndyCar forum. It's a ghost of what it was. That's mostly due to the split and war between IRL and CART/Champcar. Fans left in droves. Most haven't come back even though it's one series again.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe this whole discussion board thing is in decline. The Internet and people's net habits change so quickly that this kind of posting is probably quite old-fashioned for many. You've got Twitters, Facebooks etc.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Met quite a few back in the touring car days.

I've met Ibby and GridGirl on a few occasions recently and was supposed to do so again this weekend but had to cancel.
    I mostly meet Mark these days whilst wearing lycra, how wrong is that? haha How come you're not cycling this weekend?

Obviously as I am posting I am alive, well and have not been jailed for murdering Daniel. It will be 13 years since I joined this forum next Friday. That is scary!
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Although the posters are less, I've still noticed a large number of guests who are potential posters. So I guess the interest still exists.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I have met many members both on Touring Car race an WRC events. All started in 2003 at Acropolis rally where I have met odikas and J4MIE then N.O.T, PuddleJumper, Mark, Andrea, Dave B, KateB, fizzcist, CarlMetro, Iain, A.F.F, janneppi, DonJippo,Tommi, Daniel, Brother John, Civic Boy, Lucy, Ibby, Mattl, legendary Pentti Airikkala, Caroline...could continue this for hours 😜😎
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    ...and would love to meet a few more, starting from Storm, race aficionado, ArrowsFA1, uncle fousto, jens and henners88 😎
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life