Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Where was that? I often see her on my facebook feed, usually complaining Obama has closed some road to do something
    She's at OWR. It's a new board, about a year old, specializing (more or less) in IndyCar. Jag is right, she's a mod but almost never posts.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Oh dear I don't remember that one as I don't ever venture onto the Indy Board. Did they pass away and how did you find out?
    He didn't keep it a secret that he was ill. Most who PMed with him knew. His sister came on, through his account and let us know when he passed. Said he had appreciated all the friends he had on this board. He had a very severe case of Chrone's disease (sp?)and it finally got him.
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    From Formula1 forum I do miss tinchote, Valve Bounce and Gannex, great posters all of them

Btw even the mighty ArrowsFA1 has disappeared
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    He didn't keep it a secret that he was ill. Most who PMed with him knew. His sister came on, through his account and let us know when he passed. Said he had appreciated all the friends he had on this board. He had a very severe case of Chrone's disease (sp?)and it finally got him.
    That's terrible. I suppose its nice that his sister let you all know rather than just having the unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    From Formula1 forum I do miss tinchote, Valve Bounce and Gannex, great posters all of them

Btw even the mighty ArrowsFA1 has disappeared
    I know Valve Bounce has lost interest in F1 in general and occasionally posts in the Chit Chat section, but no longer joins in any real debates in the F1 bit sadly. I had noticed ArrowsFA1 had stopped posting too and haven't really seen him for 6 months or more. A shame because he is one of the more knowledgeable and decent posters here and hopefully everything is ok and we'll see him back on here soon.

I think eki is the biggest mystery of the lot. He went from posting near enough every single day and then it completely stopped. It must be a year or more now? There are posters who post very little in comparison to what they used to as well. Dave B pops up occasionally but not daily. It might well be because F1 just isn't as exciting any more and the disappearance of certain people encourages the disappearance of others perhaps? Or people are simply following other interests in their lives.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Dave B pops up occasionally but not daily. It might well be because F1 just isn't as exciting any more and the disappearance of certain people encourages the disappearance of others perhaps? Or people are simply following other interests in their lives.
    DaveB has a new child to deal with, so his priorities are different now. He even skipped watching Canadian qualifying! Almost made the national news that one
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    She's at OWR. It's a new board, about a year old, specializing (more or less) in IndyCar. Jag is right, she's a mod but almost never posts.
    She looks like more of an admin than just a mod, assuming it is her of course.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    DaveB has a new child to deal with, so his priorities are different now. He even skipped watching Canadian qualifying! Almost made the national news that one
    Yeah I remember him mentioning that. Hopefully my name won't be mentioned in this thread by the end of the year, although I think its inevitable as new babies take up most of your free time.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    From Formula1 forum I do miss tinchote ...
    He's the only member that I've actually met in person .
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

I miss RaceFanStan...It appears that he passed away back in March of 2010; a member who knew his real name searched the newspapers in Stan's town and found an obituary with his name on it that coincides with his disappearance from the forum.

Also Fred Bassett. He is the only member of the forum (besides my brother damg75) that I have actually met in person when he was first exploring moving to the US. He owns an inn somewhere up in the Northeast now (Maine, if I remember correctly).

I can't believe I have been here for almost 12 years now

I have found it challenging to keep on with the forum from time to time over the years-with my crazy work schedule and all of that.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    I can't believe I have been here for almost 12 years now
    Time flies when you're having fun!

There are a bunch of others I haven't seen on the board in a while. Indycool, whom I've had some interesting conversations with, and a bunch of the other CART & IRL regulars who have drifted away from the sport.

I don't think I've met but one member in person (that I know of), and that one has been gone from the board a long time. BoilerIMS moved to my area a couple years ago and I invited him to come to the local track, but marriage and a new job got in the way. Haven't heard from him in a long time.
    -- Smokey Stover