Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts

Roll call of dishonour

Far too many drivers these days seem to think that punting someone from behind is a legitimate way to pass someone. In race three alone we've seen Adam Morgan, Jeff Smith and Andrew Jordan all tapping people on the rear and taking the place. I've always enjoyed BTCC being a contact sport but that's when it's door to door, not bumper to bumper. I know that Plato and Neal have always been fairly aggressive but at least with them it tends to be contact from putting the front up the inside. It's a real shame too, frequently it spoils what looks like a good race, breaking up the pack and damaging cars.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    Far too many drivers these days seem to think that punting someone from behind is a legitimate way to pass someone. In race three alone we've seen Adam Morgan, Jeff Smith and Andrew Jordan all tapping people on the rear and taking the place. I've always enjoyed BTCC being a contact sport but that's when it's door to door, not bumper to bumper. I know that Plato and Neal have always been fairly aggressive but at least with them it tends to be contact from putting the front up the inside. It's a real shame too, frequently it spoils what looks like a good race, breaking up the pack and damaging cars.
    Yes, it was a pity, because otherwise the racing in the BTCC this year has generally been far cleaner than of late. I didn't see Morgan doing anything especially untoward today, since Welch was so slow in front of him; however, Mat Jackson's push on Tordoff was pretty blatant, Jeff Smith's contact with Rob Austin pushed the boundaries of what I'd consider acceptable (though Austin was driving on the edge to the extent that something happening was inevitable) and Jordan seemed only to pass people by punting them up the back at the hairpin. By contrast, Neal behaved himself very sensibly at the same corner, where in the past he's indulged in some dubious tactics.