Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    Rudy's not my real name, either. But Rudy talks and behaves pretty much like his offline twin does. In other words, you on this forum is still you. .
    Nah.....For me it's just a good opportunity to make me believe I'm not the horrible person I have become. If in real life I'd say what I say here people would say I'm gaga-crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    You might as well think that all other movies are just prequels to your own.
    What shall I do if the movies belong to different trends? You can't relate burlesque comedy to italian neorealism or free cinema to hollywood musicals....

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Belonging in another movie isn't anything wrong IMO. Not all movies appeal to all people. We have the freedom to make our own movies.

If you look at many visionary leaders (as they eventually came to be known as) they were often not accepted earlier in life and seemed to be "in the wrong movie".

Earnest Hemingway, Winston Churchill, Vincent Van Gogh, and Abe Lincoln all had some type of mental illness. In the not too distant past many of them would have been strapped down and heavily sedated as they didn't fit the mold of society at the time.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    If you look at many visionary leaders (as they eventually came to be known as) they were often not accepted earlier in life and seemed to be "in the wrong movie".
    Read "The Psychopath Test" by Jon Ronson. He looks at the 20‑question Hare Psychopathy Checklist, which is supposed to detect psychopathy and concluded that many of the traits on the checklist are seen in the business world and government, as assets. It makes you wonder just how many psychopaths actually do run the world.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

That's great guys. Now you're suggesting I'm mentally ill or even a psychopath.
    Next week I'll go for some checks....
    We have the freedom to make our own movies. .
    Yeah but unfortunately the cast and the scenery are generally imposed.
    If you look at many visionary leaders (as they eventually came to be known as) they were often not accepted earlier in life and seemed to be "in the wrong movie"..
    Hey! You’ve got it wrong. I’m too serious, polite and educated to don’t be accepted. I just don’t feel comfortable. Because the values of the society I live in aren’t mine and I have to do too many efforts to adapt to the new rules.
    Earnest Hemingway, Winston Churchill, Vincent Van Gogh, and Abe Lincoln all had some type of mental illness. In the not too distant past many of them would have been strapped down and heavily sedated as they didn't fit the mold of society at the time.
    Now wait a minute...I’m not a genius and I don’t think I’m in advance of our times. On the contrary, I think I landed in the wrong century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    It makes you wonder just how many psychopaths actually do run the world. .
    But if you want to rule the world you need a dose of madness....

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    That's great guys. Now you're suggesting I'm mentally ill or even a psychopath.
    Next week I'll go for some checks....
    We didn't suggest either. In my case I'm just giving example of people that don't "fit in".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    We're equal in front of God but you don't believe in him.
    Which means we are not equal, not even in front of your god.

But in our country most of people consider freedom a total absence of the laws....They have only rights and any intervention of an authority is percieved like a scandal, an offence to democracy. At the same time authorities use to "change" the rules or to adapt them to imposed needs. That's why I live with the feeling that some of us are more equal than the others.
    As for freedom, I honestly think it should be restricted for some of us. The simple thought of some public figures moving (too)freely among us makes me feel unconfortable.
    Isn't it impressive how people didn't yet grasp what democracy means, after 22 years?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Which means we are not equal, not even in front of your god.
    You're wrong. "My" God loves us equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Iioan
    Isn't it impressive how people didn't yet grasp what democracy means, after 22 years?!
    I can't see why we need a point 0 in understanding it. Some of us knew its meaning before that but couldn't enjoy its taste.