Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One vs PS4

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Xbox One vs PS4

I see no thread about this...so thought I'd bring it up now as excitement builds for these two console leviathans!

Xbox one released the other week, to mixed response. The Xbox fanboys loved it, but the wider public were unhappy that old games cannot be traded in, second hand games will carry extra costs, the console will need an always-on internet connection and thing is butt ugly.

PS4 was announced in February, but we still haven't seen it! The specs are very similar to each other - full launch on June 10th.

At this point, its a PS4 walkover for me. The PS3 was superior to the X-Box, Microsoft's over-belief in themselves costing them again it seems. Of course, the PS3 cost more than the X-Box, but I think that extra cost was worth the difference.

DISCUSS!
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I'll probably stick with Xbox because many people I race against online will be sticking with Xbox as well. Plus the Xbox gats Forza Motorsport and Halo.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    I see no thread about this...so thought I'd bring it up now as excitement builds for these two console leviathans!

Xbox one released the other week, to mixed response. The Xbox fanboys loved it, but the wider public were unhappy that old games cannot be traded in, second hand games will carry extra costs, the console will need an always-on internet connection and thing is butt ugly.

PS4 was announced in February, but we still haven't seen it! The specs are very similar to each other - full launch on June 10th.

At this point, its a PS4 walkover for me. The PS3 was superior to the X-Box, Microsoft's over-belief in themselves costing them again it seems. Of course, the PS3 cost more than the X-Box, but I think that extra cost was worth the difference.

DISCUSS!
    I always was an Xbox "fanboy", I never liked the way Sony used their vast amounts of money to bully away their competition in the beginning. But I guess that's business.
    And the 360 would always, always be my console of choice.
    But after all the Xbox one announcement I'll probably convert. The mere fact that the devs will be paid twice or more for every second hand game you buy is just ridiculous. And the always online thing, is also another stupid idea.
    But then again we still don't know for certain if the ps4 will need a code for secondhand games. So for me the ps4 is winning so far(and that's something I thought I'd never ever say) but we will see what the future brings.
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

uppppppppppppppppp
    Múi giá»

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    I’ve never been a “fanboy” of either console, although I’ve owned an Xbox since its first generation. I did once borrow a PS3 console gave it a good workover for a couple of weeks. My two issues with it were:
    1. Poor quality graphics: I played the same racing sim on each console and the Xbox graphics were noticeably superior.
    2. Terribly non-ergonomic controller. My hands would hurt just after a few minutes .

I like to think the poor graphics were a result of the sim, not the console, but unless Sony introduces a better-shaped controller, I’ll stick with Xbox.
    I don’t see why the fact that the new console is always online is an issue. My current ‘box is always on-line via wi-fi anyways
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    I’ve never been a “fanboy” of either console, although I’ve owned an Xbox since its first generation. I did once borrow a PS3 console gave it a good workover for a couple of weeks. My two issues with it were:
    1. Poor quality graphics: I played the same racing sim on each console and the Xbox graphics were noticeably superior.
    2. Terribly non-ergonomic controller. My hands would hurt just after a few minutes .

I like to think the poor graphics were a result of the sim, not the console, but unless Sony introduces a better-shaped controller, I’ll stick with Xbox.
    I don’t see why the fact that the new console is always online is an issue. My current ‘box is always on-line via wi-fi anyways
    Now, you see schmenke, I disagree.

1. I've played both and find the PS3 to have better graphics than the X-Box, albeit only marginally, they are both pretty good.

2. I have the same issue with the X-Box controller. Think simply a matter of preference!
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I've owned a PS3 since 2007 and shall buy the PS4, but not close to launch. I'll have to save hard once I know how much it is and sell my old console. Not really considering the X Box to be honest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    2. I have the same issue with the X-Box controller. Think simply a matter of preference!
    It's a matter of getting used to it. I have jumped from a PS3 controller to an Xbox 360 one and then a Logitech F710 for PC which is sort of a mish-mash of both, and each time my hands hurt. But as I spent more time playing, I got used to each one of them. The same happened with playing simulation games with a steering wheel. My shoulders and forearms hurt like hell at first, but eventually the body got used to it.

These companies spend a whole lot of dough into researching ergonomics and comfort, and the controllers are a result of many, many man hours spent on trial-and-error testing, so I doubt one controller is that much better than the other. Like Bezza said, it can also be simply down to preference.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As for the topic on hand, I too am leaning more towards a PS4 at the moment.

But I'm also leaning towards a monster gaming PC around the same time. The octo-core processors are just coming in and it would be the right timing for next gen games. Yes, it would be much more expensive, but it will also be future proof for at least the next 5-6 years, also because I use the PC for many other things than gaming, it would make sense for me.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I gave up trying to keep up with PC gaming in 2003, plus I like my house to be as minimalist as possible and can bung a laptop in a cupboard out of the way when not using it lol. Its good to see it still has a healthy following though. I remember LAN parties on Quake, COD, and Doom all those years ago, good times.

I haven't turned my PS3 on for two months now, well apart from watching a couple of films. I don't have much time for games these days with too much DIY and baby prep, but when I do I really enjoy it. Got permission to save for a PS4 so would be rude not to have one