Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One vs PS4

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Loving the Playseat Captain, I still wouldn't get away with it though. I need a man shed with power I'm thinking and a declared no woman zone.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bezza, you forgot the most superior console of all, which is the Nintendo Wii U!

PS4 and XB1 are too similar to a PC for me to have any interest in them. I have an old PC sitting underneath my desk that provides more power and graphics capability than either the PS4 or XB1. The current PC that I use makes either console look like complete garbage, and especially for the estimated price. Here's how I rank the newest generation of consoles:

1) Nintendo's Wii U

The best console does not have to be the most powerful. The Wii beat both Xbox 360 (my current console which just sits next to my TV gathering dust) and the PS 3 in worldwide sales. Why? Nintendo is not an arrogant company and realizes that people buy consoles to play games!

The Wii U is following a similar formula. Their current sales aren't that strong, but a new lineup of 1st party games such as Zelda & Mario Kart will get the old school gamers back to buy the Wii U. Also, the Wii U will still center around people who want to play on a split-screen. The Playstation and Xbox barely have any games that are geared towards more than 1 person unless it's multiplayer.

The Wii U will also undoubtedly be less expensive than the PS4 and XB1 come the holiday shopping season, so it's an easy choice for people with less money to spare. Times are tough right now and if someone wants to dish out cash for a console that offers fun and the same online features as Sony and Microsoft, then there's no need to pay more.

Nintendo is also the least restrictive company towards independent game developers. You can build your own game, send it to Nintendo, and if they pick it up...score! Nintendo has already given developers the tools to make games and online access to their eStore for publishing.

The best reason to buy a Wii U? Women love Nintendo. Girls aren't too fond of hardcore games, but they do love a bit of the ol' Nintendo titles. Wii U + girls/drinks =

2) PS4

Sony learned a hard lesson the last generation by ditching their core gamers. There were barely any games that Sony offered on the PS3, the price point was too high, and as a result Sony found out that gamers are not loyal. The PS3 sat on the shelves with their fancy new hardware, and lost money while the Wii and Xbox 360 ate its lunch.

PS4 is now on the right track! Sony has now offered the most powerful console in terms of processing, memory, and graphics. It's now ready to take under its wing the people it stabbed in the back about a decade ago. The PS4 will now come with one of the most sought out exclusive games in years, The Last of Us. Sony realized, like their Japanese counterparts, that they need to get the attention of gamers to sell consoles.

The PS+ is an excellent online store. Currently they offer $50/year subscription which allows you access to a variety of AAA title games. If you do not pay a subscription, then you can still use your PS4 to roam around the internet at no additional expense.

Sony has also seen the light and made sure to make life for developers a lot easier. The PS4 will not be as inviting to independent developers as Nintendo, but making games for PS4 won't be such a pain as it was for the PS3. 3rd party developers stayed away from the PS3 because if was such a difficult system to work with until later in its cycle. Not so with the PS4! Developers will be able to extrapolate every bit of power to use for their games on the Playstation.

3) Xbox One

I swear, I had flashbacks of the PS3 debut and thought I'd reverted to a pimply faced teenager. The Xbox One is a complete regression from what was on offer with the Xbox 360. I'm not exactly sure as to what they're trying to sell! There was only one game that was demonstrated for the Xbox One, and that was Call of Duty: Insert Arbitrary Secondary Title of an Over Saturated Game. When the Xbox 360 came out it offered Halo 3 as an exclusive, and Xbox Live allowed players to communicate with one another, which was unique at the time for console gamers. Yes, Xbox Live had to have a subscription, but it was worth the price at the time.

Today, Xbox Live is definitely not worth the cost. It angers me that I can hop online on my PC and play a game without having to pay an additional cost, and communicate just fine with my friends. Since I no longer have a subscription on Xbox 360, then I can't play online games or watch Netflix on my TV. Xbox One will stick with the same subscription standards even though these online features are completely free on the Wii U and Playstation.

The Xbox One has a massive emphasis on TV, which is my least favored entertainment medium. I don't have cable because I hate Honey Boo Boo, and my choices online are better suited to what I like to watch. As a result, the geniuses at Microsoft have decided to place a "Kincet" device bundled into your purchase of a console to allow for easier transitons between watching TV and playing video games. The Xbox One also has 3 separate operating systems to handle the useless additions, but still heavily underpowered compared to the PS4. This will not only make the Xbox One the most expensive of this current generation, but you'll have an always-on apparatus with a microphone and camera. Here's a demonstration of the Operating System on the Xbox One. I think it's staged like the Xbox One debut, and I think it's crap. Even Microsoft thinks that their new console is crap because they just canceled their E3 post-press conference to avoid any questions. No thanks Microsoft!

My predictions: the Wii U will get better sales with the new titles coming around in time for Fall, PS4 will likely be the best selling console and rake in cash with The Last of Us, and the Xbox One will sit on the shelves while the Wii U and PS4 eat its lunch.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Xbox One vs PS4

I don't really care about worldwide sales when choosing a console. I bought a Wii, had it a year and used it only a handful of times. It was a good console but not for my tastes. I like the PS3 because it plays games of all genres and you don't have to upgrade it to play certain games, they just work for purpose. I think you have to be into computers to really be into PC gaming and that's something that doesn't interest me. I don't have the space for desks, so a cheap console is the way for me. If a top of the range gaming PC can be built for £230 (PS4 estimated UK price) then that's impressive, but won't tempt me in that direction though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I don't really care about worldwide sales when choosing a console. I bought a Wii, had it a year and used it only a handful of times. It was a good console but not for my tastes. I like the PS3 because it plays games of all genres and you don't have to upgrade it to play certain games, they just work for purpose. I think you have to be into computers to really be into PC gaming and that's something that doesn't interest me. I don't have the space for desks, so a cheap console is the way for me. If a top of the range gaming PC can be built for £230 (PS4 estimated UK price) then that's impressive, but won't tempt me in that direction though.
    £230? You're dreaming, son! The PS4 will cost more money than that, but it's probably the best option for you. Do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from the Xbox One. I'm just going to stick to my PC and make a HTPC out of the one sitting underneath my desk.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

That's the price discussed in the paper today and on a gadgets review the other day. It might be a start price or launch but its not my dream. I have no intention of getting an X box don't worry. Sod building a PC, I'm off to bed

Will the Xbox One and PS4 cost less than $400? | News | TechRadar

Article is a prediction but mentions the £230 price tag discussed in yesterdays news. I would imagine this is the starting price and models with a large HD will retail closer to £300 which is not bad.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Loving the Playseat Captain, I still wouldn't get away with it though. I need a man shed with power I'm thinking and a declared no woman zone.
    Oh come on, grow a pair henners.

*Psst! Besides, when you're done, it can fold and go under the bed and hide. It will be your secret affair.

The only seat I'm going to be buying in the next 4 months a pushchair lol. Perhaps I'll get one I can fit in and strap a steering wheel to?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    You can bet that if it's $400 in the USA it'll be close to £400 here!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    The only seat I'm going to be buying in the next 4 months a pushchair lol. Perhaps I'll get one I can fit in and strap a steering wheel to?
    And the worst thing is that you can get an XBox for the price of them things!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums