Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kissing the Bricks (good grief)

I wish they would stop this stupid contrived staged totally NASCAR started "tradition." It really annoys me. With all the great traditions of Memorial Day weekend at the Speedway, this is one I could do without. It was a nice gesture out of respect the first time the NASCAR guys were allowed to run at IMS. IndyCar drivers do not need to do this and it looks completely phony. If a driver wants to do it, cool but setting it up like TAPS or Back Home Again in Indiana is ridiculous. Why don't we just add the "traditional" doughnuts and burn outs to the ceremonies . UGH ! Thanks a lot NASCAR !
    (Dale Jarrett 1996 Brickyard 400)
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What do you mean the first time? The Brickyard 400 was already two years old when it started.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    should they do away with the milk in victory lane as well since it's clearly "staged"?
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade91
    should they do away with the milk in victory lane as well since it's clearly "staged"?
    The Milk in Victory lane is a PAID promotion by the American Dairy Association. TK made a cool $10,000 for his Milk bath.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't care if they kiss the bricks, drink the milk, drink OJ, do a doughnut, do a back flip or climb the fence. They won. So they can celebrate their win anyway they feel like celebrating it.

I just wish the megalomaniac had kissed the bricks instead of pissing on them.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)