Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    In principle, the race track is fantastic with lots of overtaking areas. In practice, the walls in the turns get on the way a lot. Can't they move the walls away a little to create a little bit of run off areas? The concrete pavement doesn't help the matters either.
    The problem is that it is a public park 362 days a year, with lots of trees etc. that would cause a huge outcry if cut down.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As I said earlier, I watched today's race live, which means I got to hear the interviews, which are interesting, but I would rather not have yellow flags and see racing instead of an interview.

I know he was angry, but Will Power's comment about Bourdais that "once he was a champ, now he is a chump" is a little bit ridiculous if you consider that he has never been a champion, unless you count Formula Australia(Formua Holden) which no one does. He didn't win any championships while racing in Champ Car, no championships while racing in IndyCar, British F3 or the World Series by Renault.

Bourdais made a very stupid mistake today, but unlike Power, he has championships, I will not count his local French Formula Three championship, I don't count local series, but he has a Formula 3000 championship when F 3000 was what GP2 is today, 4 Champ Car championships, and he was a F1 driver.

I understand Power's frustration, but if you are going to insult someone, you need to at least be close to the achievements of that driver, Power came close 3 years in a row in IC, but close is not the same as being a champion, and that he is not.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    And now is one important question.. is the dual race format good or bad for IndyCar?

In my personal opinion, for TV the audience coping with two long TV races on the same weekend can be a bit daunting. That's five hours in one weekend. I am willing to make the effort watch ALL IndyCar races as long as they're reasonably spaced away from each other. Even finding the time to watch races that are a whole week apart can still be challenging as that can be quite a commitment depending on one's life style, not to mention clashes with other sports (F1, etc).

Of course, dual race format may be a better idea for drawing a larger crowd. Personally, I'd prefer to attend a race on Saturday. Others may prefer Sunday. The costs of the teams are minimal, since they don't incur the travel and some other costs.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    And now is one important question.. is the dual race format good or bad for IndyCar?

In my personal opinion, for TV the audience coping with two long TV races on the same weekend can be a bit daunting. That's five hours in one weekend. I am willing to make the effort watch ALL IndyCar races as long as they're reasonably spaced away from each other. Even finding the time to watch races that are a whole week apart can still be challenging as that can be quite a commitment depending on one's life style, not to mention clashes with other sports (F1, etc).

Of course, dual race format may be a better idea for drawing a larger crowd. Personally, I'd prefer to attend a race on Saturday. Others may prefer Sunday. The costs of the teams are minimal, since they don't incur the travel and some other costs.
    I recorded the races and watched later the same day. That way I could skip the commercials and fast forward some of the follow the leader parts. It made two days of watching a lot easier, plus I was able to spend my late afternoon doing something else.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrambide
    As I said earlier, I watched today's race live, which means I got to hear the interviews, which are interesting, but I would rather not have yellow flags and see racing instead of an interview.

I know he was angry, but Will Power's comment about Bourdais that "once he was a champ, now he is a chump" is a little bit ridiculous if you consider that he has never been a champion, unless you count Formula Australia(Formua Holden) which no one does. He didn't win any championships while racing in Champ Car, no championships while racing in IndyCar, British F3 or the World Series by Renault.

Bourdais made a very stupid mistake today, but unlike Power, he has championships, I will not count his local French Formula Three championship, I don't count local series, but he has a Formula 3000 championship when F 3000 was what GP2 is today, 4 Champ Car championships, and he was a F1 driver.

I understand Power's frustration, but if you are going to insult someone, you need to at least be close to the achievements of that driver, Power came close 3 years in a row in IC, but close is not the same as being a champion, and that he is not.
    Agree, and I'm Power fan. Racing with a team of that caliber he blew three good years of winning championship and why did he put himself in the position of being on the back of the grid next to underperforming teams in the first place. They all looked like amateur clowns in 2nd race. Embarrassing.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think these double headers is not bad idea. More tv the better, even if not perfect, but man do I miss Paul Page in events like this.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Agree, and I'm Power fan. Racing with a team of that caliber he blew three good years of winning championship and why did he put himself in the position of being on the back of the grid next to underperforming teams in the first place. They all looked like amateur clowns in 2nd race. Embarrassing.
    Will Power is having a bad season. I think Will snapped as he sees another chance to win a championship slip away. Normally, he is quite respectful, even after accidents.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The most respectful moment was Saturday when Dinger took blame for his accident. It was very classy, and unlike what many others normally do.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't like the double header, but not because of the time commitment, as Starter said, that is why Apollo invented the DVR, I love watching live events, but life happens, even when I watch live, I record the race, just in case something comes up.

I loved the fact that I was able to watch a race Saturday night, (we had a very busy Saturday), and a race Sunday afternoon (we had a busy morning, so I actually had to watch the beginning using the DVR, after, but after a couple of yellow flags I was already watching live).

I would not have a problem watching F1 every week, as a matter of fact, once the season starts, I hate to wait 2 weeks to watch the next race.

My problem with a double header is that I get an amateur vibe to it, not to mention the deja vu feeling you get of watching the same track with the same cars the next day, add to that all the silly mistakes we had Sunday because of drivers being mentally and physically tired.

No to double headers unless you are a ladder series like GP2 with short races.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    The most respectful moment was Saturday when Dinger took blame for his accident. It was very classy, and unlike what many others normally do.

Gary
    He is good at that when he is caught with his pants down. If there wasn't a video he would have denied any culpability and blamed everyone else.