Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit
    For those complaining about DRS, it may be worth considering the reason why it was introduced.
    Current cars on current tracks were simply unable to follow closely through corners, making it near impossible to make a pass even when they were the faster car.
    But DRS doesn't fix this issue, does it? In a race without DRS, a faster car should not have issues overtaking when it's close enough on main straights due to drafting.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    DRS twice at any point on the lap as long as you are behind a car under 0.5 seconds?
    Shouldn't work while lapping cars.

That would make it work.
    I agree with that. I wouldnt feel so frustrated about DRS if it was used something like this.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well. There are advantages and disadvantages, but yeah, formula 1 becomes less and less interesting in terms of driver talent, etc..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry Steve I haven't figured how to quote posts on mobile

However, DRS. Why would you limit it. Any teams can develop whatever system they want and use it wherever. Active suspension, 6 wheels, TC. I don't care.

Just let them play.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Sorry Steve I haven't figured how to quote posts on mobile

However, DRS. Why would you limit it. Any teams can develop whatever system they want and use it wherever. Active suspension, 6 wheels, TC. I don't care.

Just let them play.
    No I agree.

They limit it now and its not good.

I suggest if we have DRS we have to let it be more unlimited.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    No I agree.

They limit it now and its not good.

I suggest if we have DRS we have to let it be more unlimited.
    But the day is already in the calender, when some nut would try to open the flap in Blanchimont and we'd witness a very nasty shunt.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    There is a problem here, for although I agree with you, sport has to be entertaining — otherwise, what's the point in watching it? F1 was, too often, simply not entertaining; boring, even. Now it's gone too far in the other direction. Surely a balance can be struck somewhere.
    Hollywood is about entertainment, sport is about competition.

Would any of us watch the Olympics if we knew that half the marathon field were on a rolling escalator and as soon as they get close to the leader they will sail on past?

If the result of a sporting event is pre-determined because of short term dominance then so be it. Eventually someone will come along that knocks the champ off his/her pedestal. That is sport.

The glitz and glamour used to be earned but now everyone is crying poor whilst spending half the budget of a small country on luxury and mobile homes. It seems to be more focused on keeping the exclusivity rather than continuing to earn it.

"Let them eat cake" comes to mind.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I agree that Barcelona was underwhelming, but I genuinely enjoyed Monaco due to the circumstances. Why? Because we had something like 10 or more cars in the train, who were constantly looking for a way through. Remember Webber-Hamilton? Pérez, Sutil, Button, others. Di Resta was all over Vergne.
    Lucky you weren't watching races from Barcelona 10-15 years ago. Consistently was the one of the most boring races on the calendar (along with Monaco and Hungary) with passing almost impossible.

I enjoy F1 right now. Who can drive fastest without destroying their tyres. The best drivers still win.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi
    imo it is very simple:

-turbo engines with only the displacement limited
    -the amount of fuel unlimited
    -gearboxes completely free
    -no reliability demands for cars, thus no penalty if you blow up your engine or gearbox
    -free choise off tyre type or manufacturer
    -limited aero, only 2 wings and a maximum value for ground pressure (=weight) at 200 km/h
    -ground effect
    so basically, let them free so they can explore the edge and take risks.

and i almost forgot: more testing. give them 30 unlimited testing days so they can actually try things before races.

you really think that none off the dozens or hundereds of very smart people that make up the teams ever thought about that option?
    the layout of the monaco circuit makes such tactics impossible. one or more safetycars are a certainty, which would ruin such a strategy.
    The limits on engines, tyres, etc are to bring down costs in order to have a full grid. You're not just transporting everything from one tiny European country to another these days.

Also, there's the aspect of safety. There will never be another tyre war because it's too dangerous. The current tyres not only create more entertaining races but force drivers to take corners much slower than they otherwise would.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars
    Hollywood is about entertainment, sport is about competition.

Would any of us watch the Olympics if we knew that half the marathon field were on a rolling escalator and as soon as they get close to the leader they will sail on past?
    Of course not, but sport has to be at least enjoyable in order for the public to watch, and thus give it its 'raison d'etre'. The fact of competition isn't enough to guarantee interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars
    The glitz and glamour used to be earned but now everyone is crying poor whilst spending half the budget of a small country on luxury and mobile homes. It seems to be more focused on keeping the exclusivity rather than continuing to earn it.
    With this I completely agree. It is also a very naff form of glitz that F1 portrays, one out of keeping with the times.