A question I saw on the BBC website and I have thought about it for the last couple of years.

I have to say that todays race was a long time low light after years of watching F1.

For me real racing is anything pre 2010.

The last 2 years of F1 has made me feel sad for a sport I love.
All the aspects of F1 I have gotten excited about over the years seem to have slipped away in order to promote "the show" to moron fans who need a pass every corner to enjoy F1.

I was so angry after watching the race last week and now todays.

F1 was the pinicle of motorsport but I worry its becoming the Joke of Motorsport.

The Tyres are not helping with drivers no longer able to race for more than 5-10 laps of a race. Meaningless DRS overtakes mean nothing to me, yet this seems F1's main aim. That this short cut solution to the aero problems will appease fans.

F1 was brilliant for me for so many reasons, F1 Racing is about teams builing cars in lots of different ways, with Engines that perform at top whack. No rev limits, F1 is drivers driving as fast as they can to be the fastest, it was about passes late on the brakes all locked up and swarming battles of 3 or 4 cars weaving around battling hard, drivers Defending with all they are worth against a guy in a faster car to hold onto a decent result.

F1 has issues that make it seem now like a sport made to provide punters with wall to wall entertainment rather than provide them with high quality racing and top sport. Which in itself should be entertaining enough.

For me DRS needs to go as it is only a short cut to save having to look at the real aero issues which if solved would see racing get closer and following and passing become easier.

The main gripe I have with DRS is its unfair. If 2 drivers battle without DRS one passes the other can defend on an even level except for slipstream, then straight away the 2nd driver can use slipstream to repass or fight back. Now a driver is passed with DRS and thats it. No defense and no chance to fight back until next lap.

All in all F1 needs to remember that real Racing doesnt mean passing all the time, but quality drivers in quality cars battling hard. A race can be exciting with few passes but lots of battling and great defensive driving.

But today at Monaco we saw all the wrong things. F1 becoming such a conservative sport in terms of tyres, Engines & gearboxes and thus allowing no drivers to race.

F1 needs to change. Otherwise I may not be able to watch it much longer.