Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it's a shame that he may lose his F1 drive because he's a talented driver but seems to lack the ability to anticipate and react quickly enough to changes around him. As steveaki13 said "he has a major flaw". I feel for the Grosjean, he's probably losing faith in himself but I can't see him being able to continue in F1.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    He has had a terrible weekend. But he has had a fairly OK season so far.

If next year, both are out of Lotus. They could end up with Kovalainen and Webber (if he doesn't retire).

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    This race did him no favours at all and its sad to see because I really like Romain. He's got the speed and the ability, yet when he messes up he messes up in a big way. Not sure if this is true but apparently he is employed by Lotus on 3 race contracts so he really can't afford too many mistakes if this is true. He's been in the sport long enough now so shouldn't be making rookie mistakes. If he loses his drive its his fault but I really hope he gets his head in gear because I think he's got potential to be a very decent driver.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Bring back Heidfeld or Petrov. LOL. Honestly, while neither of them will set the race track on fire (except when it's Hungary), they're great consistent points scorers who can race without having a drama.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    Bring back Heidfeld or Petrov. LOL. Honestly, while neither of them will set the race track on fire (except when it's Hungary), they're great consistent points scorers who can race without having a drama.
    We don't know how serious Kubica is to return or whether he's at a competent level but it could well be him replacing Grosjean for 2014. A long shot but he is doing extended stints in the Mercedes simulator at present so it'll all focus on that and who has the rights to use him should he want to return. Then again I can't see Mercedes dropping either of their drivers for an unknown in the near or distant future.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    If Lotus had two vacant seats for next year, my list of drivers to fill those seats would consist of names like Sutil, di Resta, Hülkenberg and perhaps Bianchi too to give you some options. Why not even Ricciardo or Vergne. All of who are currently in F1, up to speed, young enough and seem pretty fast and competent. Of course we know Sutil could be ruled out due to that glassing incident in 2011...

Among competent drivers, who are currently not in F1, a glance can be given at Kobayashi, Kovalainen, Glock and Alguersuari.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I would love to see Kubica back in F1 but I cant see it.

A complete new line up is tough on a team.

I think a line up of Hulkenberg and Bianchi would be fun, but it might be a risky.

I can see them calling on Webber or Kovalainen as a cool head to lead the team.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    I would love to see Kubica back in F1 but I cant see it.

A complete new line up is tough on a team.

I think a line up of Hulkenberg and Bianchi would be fun, but it might be a risky.

I can see them calling on Webber or Kovalainen as a cool head to lead the team.
    Two new drivers? Well, they did it for 2012. If situation requires, it needs to be done and it may work out fine.

However, they may decide that they may just as well keep Grosjean and hope for an improvement rather than bring in someone like Bianchi, who is also inexperienced and can easily start crashing as well. After all, during some periods Grosjean has shown some serious potential. Just the question is, how to get it out of him.

IMO if they want an experienced leader, they may just as well call Sutil rather than Webber. Sutil is younger and has many more years in front of him. Is probably in the prime of his career, while Webber is already dizzling off. And I do think Sutil and di Resta are both a bit underrated. They seem to have the level (adequate speed, consistency) of being at least a decent #2 driver - something, which Webber himself already is.

As said in another thread about Rosberg - drivers, who do a competent job in midfield for years, get easily overlooked. But at least "competent" is certainly, how I would call these drivers. Rarely underperform - usually get the points they should get given the car.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    True enough
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    IMO if they want an experienced leader, they may just as well call Sutil rather than Webber. Sutil is younger and has many more years in front of him. Is probably in the prime of his career, while Webber is already dizzling off. And I do think Sutil and di Resta are both a bit underrated. They seem to have the level (adequate speed, consistency) of being at least a decent #2 driver - something, which Webber himself already is.
    Yes, Sutil would be a better candidate than Webber, but Sutil did go stabby=stabby to the owner, so that won't happen.

Who does that leave as experienced candidates?
    Massa would be a bad pick.

What about Kovalainen? He has history there.