Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    I think you should stop watching F1 since you seem to loathe it so much in its current state. I like it, a lot more now than when I used to dose off after watching a red and white Mclaren or an active Williams going around the circuit alone for an hour.
    ...or a red car in 2004, or a blue car in 2011. That's some boring isht.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    Skip to 1:06 for a great shot of the crash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXP_e8adVo
    I did see the replays on TV, and just to be clear, I was in no way implying this was good for anyone.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    I think you should stop watching F1 since you seem to loathe it so much in its current state. I like it, a lot more now than when I used to dose off after watching a red and white Mclaren or an active Williams going around the circuit alone for an hour.
    There was nothing wrong with the racing in 2012. Teams needed a while to get a clue about the comedy tires, but once they did the racing was good. If I have to choose between the epic HAM/VET fight at Austin or the travesties we've seen at Barcelona and Monaco this year, my choice is easily made. They've tried to fix something that wasn't broken and wrecked it completely.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Watch the clip in post #48, watch closely at Kimmi's racing line and the guys ahead of him. You can see he was already close to the middle of the road DEFENDING his position. As they get closer to the turn, you will see him quickly move to his left, clear sign he knew Perez was behind him and he saw the passing attempt coming. Was Perez over-agressive? I believe he was. Was he at fault? that can be debated. Was Raikonen's race taken away from him? I believe not, because he made a CONSCIOUS move to close the door on Perez.
    Great we enjoy the successful passing attempts but we gotta understand there will be ill adviced moves too. So, rather than chastise Perez, I'll be thankful for another ballsy, gutsy driver that maybe in time and more experience, will give us fans a lot to talk about.
    ChampCar is racing. Anything else is just marketing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben
    kimi could have backed off... he would have had to back off a lot since he was quite a lot ahead ... the things one can read sometimes.
    Look, Kimi got outdriven by a third year driver in inferior machinery. There's a good way to stop a guy from passing or attempting to pass you. Drive at the same speed he's driving. Kimi couldn't manage it and lap after lap Perez was attempting to pass.

Kimi's entitled to defend, just like Perez was entitled to attempt to pass the slower driver. However, squeezing cars into walls isn't a smart idea when your entire championship strategy is based on consistently getting strong points finishes since you don't have the outright pace of a Vettel.

Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faster69
    Look, Kimi got outdriven by a third year driver in inferior machinery. There's a good way to stop a guy from passing or attempting to pass you. Drive at the same speed he's driving. Kimi couldn't manage it and lap after lap Perez was attempting to pass.

Kimi's entitled to defend, just like Perez was entitled to attempt to pass the slower driver. However, squeezing cars into walls isn't a smart idea when your entire championship strategy is based on consistently getting strong points finishes since you don't have the outright pace of a Vettel.
    Both drivers paid the price for the run in so I don't think Kimi should be getting more flack as you have insinuated. I presumed you have the lap times before the incident to back your claim. I mentioned before, if you are hitting the rear wheel of the car ahead, you are country miles away.

Let's move further up the grid, the bulls were complaining that they were just cruising because there were two silver buses ahead of them. Based on your logic, Vettel should have no problem overtaking Rosberg especially he pulled out the fastest lap which was few seconds quicker than the average lap time. So how come we didn't see any overtaking attempt from Vettel? Bare in mind there were yellow flags and a red flag for Vettel to be right up on Rosberg's gearbox. Maybe Checo is a better driver because he was able to overtake 2 champions especially the Ferrari with a superior performance; or it's Vettel's inability to drive wheel to wheel even in a superior Red Bull. Sounds ridiculous but you know what my point is.
    Forza Jules! Forza Michael!

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Kimi wasn't out driven by Perez in the race I watched. I thoroughly enjoyed Sergio's enthusiasm and eagerness to race at Monaco but he was over optimistic on several occasions. The first incident with Kimi he carried far too much speed after the tunnel and forced Kimi into taking evasive action where they both went across the chicane. Had Kimi not done this they would have both collided and Perez most likely would have been carrying a penalty anyway. The second incident where they actually hit each other was more at the fault of Perez simply because he arrived by the side of Kimi far too late to make the move stick. Kimi turned into the corner as he's entitled to do and Perez hit his rear wheel and connected with the wall. That is hardly what I call being out driven, its more like a drivers eagerness getting the better of him.

Nobody gave Hamilton any slack or credited him for being faster and trying to overtake when he was banged wheel in Monaco a couple of years ago. Had Perez said a stupid comment after the race I doubt we'd even be analysing his actual driving at this point. Monaco is difficult to overtake on at the best of times, but its about picking the right time. Vettel and Webber struggled to even try to get past Rosberg who was apparently slower yet he won the race and two very experienced drivers got to the finish unlike our friend Sergio.

As I said before I hope Sergio carries this enthusiasm into the next races because I enjoy the racing spirit, its just Monaco doesn't always reward a driver who is too keen to push his luck.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longisland
    Both drivers paid the price for the run in so I don't think Kimi should be getting more flack as you have insinuated. I presumed you have the lap times before the incident to back your claim. I mentioned before, if you are hitting the rear wheel of the car ahead, you are country miles away.
    I don't need lap times. My evidence is Perez swarming over the back of Kimi lap after lap. If you can swarm over the back of the car in front then it means you can drive faster than the guy in front. Make sense?

Let's move further up the grid, the bulls were complaining that they were just cruising because there were two silver buses ahead of them. Based on your logic, Vettel should have no problem overtaking Rosberg especially he pulled out the fastest lap which was few seconds quicker than the average lap time. So how come we didn't see any overtaking attempt from Vettel? Bare in mind there were yellow flags and a red flag for Vettel to be right up on Rosberg's gearbox. Maybe Checo is a better driver because he was able to overtake 2 champions especially the Ferrari with a superior performance; or it's Vettel's inability to drive wheel to wheel even in a superior Red Bull. Sounds ridiculous but you know what my point is.
    Rosberg was sublime there was no way Vettel was going to catch him (though Mercedes were the best car). At the restart after the red flag he built a lead really quickly. Plus there was no way Vettel was going to take a risk trying to pass Rosberg when he was in 2nd and his rivals for the championship were languishing in 5th and 6th getting out driven by McLarens and Force Indias LOL.

Before the Kimi pass, Kimi was behind Hamilton by 0.8 second and Perez behind by 0.5 second. But that's from about half a lap before the attempted pass. Perez was probably about 0.1/0.2 second behind by the time he's coming out of the tunnel. Just take a look at the replay visually you'll see how close Perez is leading up to it. All could have been avoided if Kimi was able to lap faster in his superior machinery.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Kimi wasn't out driven by Perez in the race I watched.
    Of course he was. He was unable to keep a third year driver in a far inferior car behind him on a track that rewards driver skill like no other. That's the definition of being outdriven.

If Kimi was able to lap as quickly as Perez then Perez would never have had an opportunity to pass.

It's quite simple. I didn't see anyone trying to pass Perez or Sutil. I saw Kimi, Alonso and Button all get passed. That's because Perez and Sutil out drove all three of those world champions.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Of course he was. He was unable to keep a third year driver in a far inferior car behind him on a track that rewards driver skill like no other. That's the definition of being outdriven.

If Kimi was able to lap as quickly as Perez then Perez would never have had an opportunity to pass.

It's quite simple. I didn't see anyone trying to pass Perez or Sutil. I saw Kimi, Alonso and Button all get passed. That's because Perez and Sutil out drove all three of those world champions.
    It's entirely possible - given everyone was driving to a delta - that the more level headed and experienced in the field took the view that to drive more defencively in the race was to risk a DNF (look at Massa and Hamilton 2011 at the hairpin). Rather take the points in an unusual race than get nothing.

Perez overheated his brakes which lead to his eventual DNF - that's not driving with your head, more hot headed.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.