Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I agree to an extent, although still think there should be a cap on testing but to allow some in season running too.
    The money just gets spent on increasingly elaborate simulation.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    The rules permit in-season testing with an old car, no newer than 2010. Mercedes ran with their current car and therefore have breached the sporting regulations. It doesn't matter whether Pirelli asked them to test or whether Whiting gave them the OK, Mercedes know the regulations and, as I see it, willfully breached them. How can the FIA let this go? If they do then I can see the other teams lobbying Pirelli to do some 'tyre' testing and the spending days running around with new bits on the car.

This is going to sound sensationalist but I think Mercedes should be stripped of their constructors points.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Looks like the FIA is going to throw them under the bus:

https://twitter.com/adamcooperf1/sta...308608/photo/1

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Yep looks like Merc are for the high jump. Oops!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Doubt they'll penalise Pirelli, otherwise they'll have no tyres for next year.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Doubt they'll penalise Pirelli, otherwise they'll have no tyres for next year.
    Cause Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear, Dunlop, Continental, Hankook, Yokohama etc. all went out of business and we didn't notice it?
    That FIA letter pretty much throws Pirelli into boiling water.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What a complete cock up. All parties need to accept blame here - Pirelli and Mercedes for bending/breaking the rules (TBC), and the FIA for having no idea what one team and the only F1 tyre supplier were doing hanging around after the Spanish GP!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    What a complete cock up. All parties need to accept blame here - Pirelli and Mercedes for bending/breaking the rules (TBC), and the FIA for having no idea what one team and the only F1 tyre supplier were doing hanging around after the Spanish GP!
    Cause the FIA should hire detectives that follow what the teams ad the tire supplier are doing?
    No way Jose, the FIA did their job, they set the rules/conditions for such a test to be able to take place, the rest was Pirelli's job to take care, i.e. inform all teams about the test under the agreed FIA conditions then set an official test date. It seems that Pirelli failed to do any of the above. Why? Their are either stupid or they wanted to manipulate F1 a bit more.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Cause the FIA should hire detectives that follow what the teams ad the tire supplier are doing?
    No way Jose, the FIA did their job, they set the rules/conditions for such a test to be able to take place, the rest was Pirelli's job to take care, i.e. inform all teams about the test under the agreed FIA conditions then set an official test date. It seems that Pirelli failed to do any of the above. Why? Their are either stupid or they wanted to manipulate F1 a bit more.

I agree, why should Mercedes be punished because Pirelli failed to approach all the other teams?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I can see Horner's angle that there appears to be a conspiracy and surprise, surprise it involves Ross Brawn.

AMuS have alleged RBR as one of the teams Pirelli enquired. If well proven then in the wake of Malaysia Horner's politicking and leadership skills will be questioned - IMO RBR should have been the ones trying to gain the 'unfair advantage' which is part and parcel of motorsport.