View Poll Results: Is the Indianaopolis 500 better than NASCAR?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is

17 73.91%
  • No it's not

6 26.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it better?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is it better?

Is the Indy 500 better than NASCAR?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes.

Overall, Indycar is better than Nascar.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can think of some good reasons why so, but what are your reasons?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Food for thought, you are asking this question on an indy car forum, populated largely by fans of that series/form of racing. It stands to reason that if you ask fans of this series/form of racing which is better, you are pretty much guaranteed to get the answer that indy car is better. If you were to ask the same question on a forum that is populated largely by NASCAR fans, what do you think the answer would be? The exact opposite, that NASCAR is better than indy car. I'm a NASCAR fan and I believe NASCAR to be far better than indy car, what answer would expect from a NASCAR fan? Your poll here, will likely show that indy car fans think that indy car is better than NASCAR. Therefore, you poll really doesn't show allot, other than the obvious, that fans of indy car think it is better that NASCAR. My vote kind of throws your poll off. But I am the only one that has voted so far, so in the end, I imagine that, on this forum, my vote will be the only one that reflects opposite of what the overall results will show at the conclusion of this poll. I'm not trying to be disagreeable, trying to cause you a problem or mess up your poll, just giving you something to think about. If you wish, remove my vote, if you do not like what it represents, a flow against the grain on this forum. BTW, love your AVATAR. Those were hilarious movies. Regards.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is a racing series better than a race? Is that really the question?

That's like asking if sand is better than the beach.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I still thought it wouldn't hurt to ask since NASCAR and Indy 500 fans are both on this site, and they're free to interact with each other in their respective forums.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does the poll REALLY have a point other than to stir up an argument? Indycar fans vote yes, NASCAR fans vote no. Outcome totally predictable. But then again, Captain Chaos you knew this when you created the poll, no?

Yawn....

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, I didn't, I just wanted to hear people's opinions on something.

But after getting to see the 2013 Indy 500 yesterday I now believe the Indy 500 to be much better than NASCAR.

The cars are faster, they're not as clunky looking or as asymmetrical, the sound of the engine is more powerful, and the winner gets to drink milk from a glass bottle.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The 500 was great. Check out the rest of the season. Detroit next weekend is a double header. The racing this season has been outstanding. If you are new to indy car it's worth checking out more races. You won't be disappointed.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I won't answer the poll because I don't want to contribute to any foolishness that might ensue. But there was a time when I would have been part of the mad mob that would have stormed in here and ripped a new one in anyone who'd even suggest that the (once) sacred Indy 500 could even be compared to a NASCAR race... or that entire series. Sorry, but those days are gone now. Indy is no longer sacred to me - I didn't even watch the race this year. I just found out that Kanaan won late this morning. I've been super busy since going with a new company earlier this year. But once upon a time, that wouldn't have mattered. I would have found time for the Indy 500! This year (as always), I did find time for Monaco. And I caught about 25 laps of the Coke 600 last night (Mad Men sucks now!). But I had no desire to watch Indy this year. I want to remember it for what it was - not for what it has become.

For those who are still into the race, I envy your enjoyment. So just enjoy. Don't try to get confirmation from polls and such. Because really, odds are, the polls won't give you the results that you'd like to see, if they are at all representative of the population:

Indy 500: Race Earns Lowest Overnight Rating on Record

Overnight ratings sank to a record-low for the 2013 Indianapolis 500.

Sunday’s IndyCar Series Indianapolis 500 drew a 3.8 overnight rating on ABC Sunday afternoon, down 7% from last year (4.1), and down 12% from 2011 (4.3).
    The 3.8 overnight is the lowest for the race portion of the Indianapolis 500 since the race began airing live in 1986. The previous low was a 4.0 overnight in 2010.
    This marks the fifth straight year the Indy 500 has earned less than 4.5 overnight.
    Pre-race coverage earned a 2.0 overnight on ABC, up a tick from last year (1.9).
    (Sunday’s numbers from ESPN)
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith