Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boring!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Don't know about you but I was entertained and on the edge of my seat for most of the race. I would give 8/10. Either you saw a different race or you're very hard to please!

This year's race was a whole lot better than last years which was surprisingly dull and processional for Tilke track.

The first stint was exciting, lots of overtaking/close action up down the field. Middle phase of the race was admittedly a bit boring but the last stint was tense when we had Kimi catching Hamilton.
    To be on the edge of your seat the whole race, you must have been sitting on a very narrow chair.

After the end of the Massa/Hamilton battle, there was nothing. I can't imagine that Kimi and Hamilton was thrilling knowing that Kimi was not only unlikely to catch Lewis, but in fact (as discussed) unimaginable to actually overtake
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    didnt see the whole race.. didnt think it was worth it.. saw the first 15 mins and the last 5-10 mins to see who would win, thats all.. no overtaking.. alonso winning with a 20 second lead.. no racing, just driving..

what happened to the Honda's and Renault's when will they be little more competitive and makes things a little interesting.. this is getting boring..
    :bounce: Go Mikko :bounce: Go Petter :bounce:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Agree that the start and Massa's hounding of Lewis were the only real exciting bits......hands down, most exciting single-seater race of the past few years....

...GP2 race at Nurburgring in 2005
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rickos
    nothing beats the NHL, NFL and NBA.

mokin:
    Oh yeah, so popular that everyone else in the world is into them :

Well overtaking doesn't look like it is going to make much of an appearance this year, unless it rains of course.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sorry but i disagree. I expect NON f1 fans to be saying they would be that bored in a formula 1 race. Some of the talk here i would never guess you people to follow motorsport. I love formula 1, and never find it boring. As someone mentioned about soccer, you have to have a passion for a sport like that where they can kick no goals a game and not score. I love formula 1 and am never bored by it, i still get excited watching it. Get over it, they are not going to be able to make the cars pass like the old days, if they were to do that, formula 1 would not be formula 1 because they would go backwards so much and not be the pinnacle of motorsport. If you don't like it and find it boring, you are obviously watching the wrong sport in my opinion.
    Michael Schumacher - the most succesful driver in formula 1 history - ROBERT KUBICA!

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Wow! To come out after this race and call it boing, you guys are really something. Face it, not every race will be a Hungry 2006.

I thought the race was fantastic, it had lots of overtaking, lots of battles, lots of interesting strategies. It was awesome.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakebeatty
    To be on the edge of your seat the whole race, you must have been sitting on a very narrow chair.

After the end of the Massa/Hamilton battle, there was nothing. I can't imagine that Kimi and Hamilton was thrilling knowing that Kimi was not only unlikely to catch Lewis, but in fact (as discussed) unimaginable to actually overtake
    Like I said, the first stint was very exciting up and down the field.

Rosberg and Wurz passed quite a few cars. Rosberg would be my second best drive of the day, along with Heidfeld.

Davidson had a great start, Sato passed a few cars.

The Aguris, Hondas, and Torro Rosso cars were in a pack.

Admittedly F1, could do with a bit more overtaking/closer racing. But F1 is fine as it is. I like the fact that F1 is considered difficult to overtake.

BTW its normal for the leader to have a large margin over the rest of the field.

If you want entertainment, stick with touring cars, NASCAR, IRL etc....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I congratulate myself on having taped the race. Then I could watch more than half of it on "fast forward", and at a more decent time of the day. I think what happened can be summarized on the director showing the battle for 14th place (Webber and Wurz, with no overtaking) for two full laps.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Don't know about you but I was entertained and on the edge of my seat for most of the race. I would give 8/10. Either you saw a different race or you're very hard to please!
    Apparently you saw the same race as I did. I'm not sure what race others were watching. :
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not sure what is wrong with some of you guys. Did it ever occur to you guys that a faster car and driver will qualify and start ahead a slower one? Then do you expect suddenly the slower qualifier to become fast and catch up and pass those ahead of them? That is not the way it usually works. Barring mistakes & mechanical problems, the fast merely get farther ahead of the slower each lap.

You talk about the old days, yes there were some close battles that do not happen today, mostly because the cars are at least 50% faster, so you can't dice back and forth quite the same. However, most of the time, there were huge gaps between each car only a little ways into the race, and much of the drama was if the cars would last, if weather would rear its head, or if a certain driver could reel in a single position late in the race.

Of course all you know about the old days is highlight clips anyway.
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus