Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    A series of video clips of the tornado.

Disaster from the sky in Oklahoma - CNN.com Video
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Link is to the NWS latest public statement about the tornado in Oklahoma. It's now an EF5 rated tornado. It's nothing short of a miracle that more people weren't killed. Public Information Statements for the Tornado Outbreak of May 20, 2013
    So sad that thin skinned namby pambies infect a place and other placate to their wishes at the expense of others who have done no wrong.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I've seen a couple small ones, glad I've never been near a large tornado.

It's hard to even imagine any natural disaster that will just level your house completely, even if you are lucky enough to not have any injuries or loss of life among family. Bad stuff.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I remember 3 funnels touching down a couple of miles away from Croft at a BTCC meeting once. I think per square mile, the UK has more twisters than any other country but thankfully minor ones.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lee
    I heard, on the radio, that very few homes or businesses have basements. They said that rock, just a few feet below the surface is so dense that it would require dynamite to blast out sections to make them. Appearently, the schools do not have shelters. I have a friend, that posts on another forum. He lieve in N.W. Okhaloma City. Haven't been able to get in contack with him. Praying that, that is not a bad sign.
    Unfortunately one of the schools had a small basement, where some of the kids and a teacher went for shelter. When the walls came down, it trapped some of the children who were in the basement and seven of the children drowned from the water from the rain collecting in the basement.

Otherwise none of the children at the school would have died
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OMG Mark, that is terrible.

I'm no storm expert but even I know tht power, gas and water lines get broken buring a major Twister hit. Any shelter should be protected against this eventuality.

How very sad.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is a link to the Norman, Oklahoma National Weather Service office page providing details and some interesting radar loops and Google Earth maps of the tornado track in Moore, Oklahoma. The Tornado Outbreak of May 20, 2013
    So sad that thin skinned namby pambies infect a place and other placate to their wishes at the expense of others who have done no wrong.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Google satellite images of the devastation: Google Crisis Map
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That devastation was unreal...it's terrible that children were among those lost in this horrible disaster.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    OMG Mark, that is terrible.

I'm no storm expert but even I know tht power, gas and water lines get broken buring a major Twister hit. Any shelter should be protected against this eventuality.

How very sad.
    It had nothing to do with any of that. It was rain water coming into the school buiding from the damaged roof and walls
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: