Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    I things nepal is favorite country,the sport also cricket, football,volleyball,etc there is Mounteverest, and rafting also provide.

thanks for info.

what are the visit place there.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Down the hall second on the left rajun.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Interesting banter on this thread.

I must say that in my limited travels overseas, I have never been to a bad place

My first time OS was in '07 and first stop was Barcelona - I fell in love. Hot weather, cheap beer and beautiful women everywhere! I had booked tickets to the MotoGP round at Catalunya over the interwebs and was having a crappy time negotiating Sants rail terminal. I bumped into a group of guys from Scotland (one of whom was an expat Aussie) in the same predicament so we pooled resources and eventually found our way to the correct level and platform. Arriving at Montmelo (I can't find the correct accent marks on my computer, so apologies to Spaniards everywhere) we bought beer and water for the half-hour walk to the gates and took in the sights. Montmelo isn't the prettiest place, but the locals were absolutely barking mad, thrashing about on modified scooters with expansion chambers and stinger exhaust tips, getting knees down on round-abouts, stuff like that. Highly entertaining!

Whilst walking I heard some cool music (Zep) and the familiar pungent waft of the 'erb coming from a group of people, so I stopped and said "Hola". A short time later totally toasted and having made some good friends my new Scots friends and I made it to the gates. Our tickets were for separate stands so we said our goodbyes and wandered off in the direction of our seats.

My seat was right on the fringe of the VR46 fan club. And in front of me were a significant group of Pedrosa fans. I was wearing my Ducati t-shirt with an Australian flag bandanna on my head. A genuine bump on a log. Anyway, the races were fantastic and the MotoGP race was a cracker, with CS27 beating Vale in a fair fight. I was shouting myself hoarse. After the race had finished and people were filtering off, the guys in front of me turned around and looked at me. I smiled back. They spoke to each other and then reached into a large bag and pulled out a cold beer, offering it to me! We stayed and chatted in very broken english and spanish, ranging from bikes to women to bikes again. Eventually we said our goodbyes and I started making my way back through the crowd and the merch stands, bought some t-shirts for some friends back home and headed to the gates, bumping into my Scots friends again! Walking back we came across a guy who was selling huge cups of some kind of red wine and coke for a euro, so we purchased some - curious flavour but not revolting as you might imagine. There was no more beer to be found. My weed smoking friends were still parked where we had left them so we stopped and chatted for a little while whilst the crazy scooter kiddies were fanging around in increasingly frenetic fashion. At this time I received a call from my wife who was unleashed on Las Ramblas and the boutiques thereabouts. Amazingly she had shopped herself dry and was waiting for me at Placa Real. So I bade my friends farewell and made my way to Montmelo station.

Montmelo train station was packed and the trains were late. Eventually I made it to the Placa Real and my wife who was under siege by some very loud and pissed-up English footer hoolies, who were not at all appreciative of my arrival. They were eventually made to move on by some very burly bouncer types, but not before some glasses were smashed and chairs thrown. I needed a shower and a feed. This was only my second full day in Spain!

I could go on and on, but maybe another time. I love Spain.

(I do realise that the vast majority of Northern English are not drunk pricks so my views are not tainted.)

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I like Canada and Denmark for the scenery and the people,been to some poor countries,that maybe I would not want to live in ,BUT every bodies tastes are different

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I see my part of the world made 2nd....and yet not many mentions on here. The thing is with Canada, there are about 4 different cultural experiences I could name off the top of my head that would change your view of what Canada is.....

As for other nations, alas, I haven't been to all the places you guys have been to. I have been to the USA and Mexico. That's it....and Mexico is....well Mexico. I suppose if I can name my favourite place in the world, it would be the island of Kauai in Hawaii.......perfect weather, beautiful scenery and the native Hawaiians are awesome....problem is too many mainland Americans are kind of upsetting the population balance and the natives kinda resent it...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Countries on my bucket list? Ireland, North and the Republic because that is where my roots go back to, along with Scotland. England and Wales of course... and then I would love to see the Netherlands and Germany. Italy and Switzerland I wouldn't object to but they are not on my must do list. I probably should do Italy since i do love the food but Italians drive me nuts at times.....

As for France....well I hear it is not what we think it is but they are a different sort of cat......so I might go there to see some historical places like Normandy or the WW1 battlefields...and I would like to see LeMans...but it is France...lol..I have heard it isn't always that clean....and while I know I can speak a little broken French, I guess I want something different. As for the rest of Europe..I should keep an open mind.

I would love to see Australia and NZ ...I am told New Zealand is breathtaking. I need to maybe get to South Korea to see my niece who lives there now....but really, travelling from here is VERY expensive....so I have to pick my spots.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke

The U.S.A. is a bit of an enigma. Most of my travels there have been very positive, but I’ve also visited places where I’d rather never return .
    I would suggest to any who are intimidated by America they need to grow up and realize in a nation of 300 million plus people, you will have some sad cases. I have been to 46 of 50 states and while Americans don't always understand others from other nations, they don't always understand each other. As for those going off on the fact the Americans have guns....most people as tourists in the USA will never see one. What is more, there are far more dangerous nations than the USA....so spare me the leftist drivel about those awful Americans. They have their faults, and quirks, and some cities are not always shining jewels, but it is one vast and interesting nation. I haven't made it across the oceans to other continents, but the USA isn't scary. Mexico I found a little scary at times......

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    And No Schmenke, I wasn't referring to you...lol