Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webberf1
    Don't discount it so quickly. Jules Bianchi is looking like he is the real deal, and monaco is a circuit where drivers can make a real difference. I'm sure there were times when Alonso or Webber in the minardis qualified a lot higher than people expected.
    Not that I can recall.
    I really doubt that Bianchi will somehow manage to pull out a second out of his car. Qualifying times of "old" backmarkers and the new teams has been consistent for the last two years.
    Hekki pulled out a second last year, but that was nothing more than some kind of once-in-a-decade anomaly (and it still wasn't enough).

Quote Originally Posted by webberf1
    And as far as finishing in the points goes, remember Monaco '96 when only 3 drivers finished the race? Attrition is always high, opening the door to backmarkers getting good results.
    I hope not. I don't want to see half the grid retire. In fact I don't want to see a safety car, either.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Just a reminder to US fans, live coverage will be on the primary NBC channel, not NBC sports. Don't forget to change your DVR time or wake up time!

I accept Monaco for what it is. Often decided in qualification, but with a few twists and turns that happen at times. I still enjoy it.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    People have short memories.

Overtaking at Monaco has been quite good over the years. Your always going to get the odd race where people cant overtake, but going through old races, there is probably more overtakes and action than most Spanish and Hungarian GPs.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY

Love it!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm guessing this is gonna be great fodder for those photoshop artists out there. Just imagine the possibilities.

Salsa or bullfighting spring to mind first.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    The race would look better if they'd broadcast more from the onboard cameras : .... so people could see how tight the track is and how much skill is needed just to reach to the checkered flag

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben
    The race would look better if they'd broadcast more from the onboard cameras : .... so people could see how tight the track is and how much skill is needed just to reach to the checkered flag
    It can't be that hard, Mark Webber has won it twice. Its just a matter of having the bestest best car and steering it round the bends. I bet you and I could do it in a Red Bull.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    It can't be that hard, Mark Webber has won it twice. Its just a matter of having the bestest best car and steering it round the bends. I bet you and I could do it in a Red Bull.
    If you started P1, I am sure you would.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    If you started P1, I am sure you would.
    I think it is more likely I would enter Sainte Devote at 160mph and be so caught up in the fact I was in an F1 car I'd forget to brake.

On a serious note Monaco takes a serious level of concentration and even starting in P1 is not a guarantee you'll win the race. You've got to get to the end and not every driver has the ability to keep their head for the entire race distance. Webber showed promise even in a Williams and I'm not at all surprised he's won the race twice in a more capable car.