Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sol Rally Barbados 2013

Hi,

Sol Rally Barbados 2013 is on 1/2 June, and it has the largest entry list ever - including many from the UK.

We've produced interactive online maps of the stages at www-dot-BajanNav-dot-com. This year, we have included an elevation profile of each stage, and a "Vidmap" - a video of the route from the driver's seat which runs in synchronisation with a moving map. Interesting, and useful from both spectators' and competitors' standpoints.

Even if you aren't coming to Barbados for the rally (I do recommend it - it's warm and sunny here!), the interactive maps and videos are worth a look.

Best regards, John Mann

AccuNav Ltd - producers of BajanNav, the GPS map of Barbados

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    This would be a great spectator guide anywhere.

BajanNav - Sol Rally Barbados 2013 - Home
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="OldF"]This would be a great spectator guide anywhere.

Many thanks, OldF.

This is the first time we've put all this together in this format. It's a lot of work, but we think it's worth it to give spectators all the information they need to add to their enjoyment and understanding of the rally. Feedback from the public here has been very good, and we only went fully "live" yesterday.

Best regards, John

AccuNav Ltd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For the biggest rally event in the Caribbean, the post is pretty stale. Here is my video.

Full Highlight video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA20EEjMDxk

If you want to see highlight videos from Day 1 & 2, you can find the links in the description under the video.
    Feel free to visit my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/DZoneMotorsportTV

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good video, "It's JM" - it gives an excellent flavour of Sol Rally Barbados at the weekend (1/2 June).

I watched the rally as a spectator (using the spectator maps we produced, of course - www-dot-bajannav-dot-com!), and had a fantastic time. The Barbados Rally Club do a superb job of organising Sol Rally Barbados every year, and 2013 was no exception. Six different routes for special stages, and some stages going into the night on the Saturday. Everything worked like clockwork.

I recommend Barbados as a holiday destination for rally enthusiasts at Sol Rally time - and there's plenty for the rest of the family to do (beaches, shopping etc)!

Maybe think about it for next year? Keep an eye on www-dot-rallybarbados-dot-bb for 2014 dates.

Best regards, John

[quote="It's JM"]For the biggest rally event in the Caribbean, the post is pretty stale. Here is my video.]

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Something involving Steve Perez happened on the event? I read some posts from him on Facebook but couldn't quite understand it...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-driven
    Something involving Steve Perez happened on the event? I read some posts from him on Facebook but couldn't quite understand it...
    Basically, Paul Bourne (a local competitor and former RB winner) in a similar spec Focus WRC wasn't happy with the fact that he didn't get the spare hydraulic system that he asked for from the international competitors, so he took to Facebook to complain about it. Each team only had one hydraulic part respectively, so I can see why they said no.

At that point in time, Steve responded and then Paul responded back. After that, Paul took to Facebook again and started making posts about allegations of Paul Bird cheating during the Manx Rally with him using Super Bike fuel and how his car and bike team is sponsored by MinxFlix. And was also at this point in time, the Barbados Rally Club distanced themselves totally from Paul.

Long story short, Paul didn't get a part he wanted, acted out on Facebook, now Paul Bird wants to come back to Barbados to make it 3 out of 3. It's still up in the air about whether Steve Perez will come back after that whole Fb debacle.

Should make for an interesting Rally Barbados next year.
    Feel free to visit my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/DZoneMotorsportTV