Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Well Renault and Honda should maybe collaborate to find out what is wrong with their cars.
    Or perhaps Bridgestone should collaborate with them more effectively to help find solutions.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Or perhaps Bridgestone should collaborate with them more effectively to help find solutions.
    Let's see, this year all of them get the same tires, so I don't see why Bridgestone should collaborate more with them than with Ferrari, McLaren, BMW, Williams and other teams that got things right?
    It would be unfair isn't it?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

A tyre supplier favouring one team over others would be unfair, particularly as there is now only one supplier, but as the switch to Bridgestone appears to have affected one or two teams more severely than other teams then that might be something the tyre company could help with.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    A tyre supplier favouring one team over others would be unfair, particularly as there is now only one supplier, but as the switch to Bridgestone appears to have affected one or two teams more severely than other teams then that might be something the tyre company could help with.
    I don't think that way. If Bridgestone start changing tire construction to help Honda and Renault out of trouble than it would be the start of a huge row in F1, and rightly so. Others were able to go from Michelin to Bridgestone easily, so it is not that difficult to get it right.

Renault's problem isn't Alonso's departure as some are so willing to believe, it is the end of their very very close relationship with Michelin.
    Michelin were so closely working with Renault that they jointly developed their suspension. The car and the tires were like twin brothers. Renault simply weren't able to design the car as others.

I know hindsight is a beautiful thing but I believe that Renault, Honda and a few other ex Michelin runners might regret the coup they did in US in 2005, after all that is what opened the Michelin vs FIA row that ended with Michelin chickening out 1 season earlier.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I don't think Bridgestone should do anything to accommodate these teams which didn't get it right during the switch. If teams like McLaren have been able to design a proper chassis with the Bridgies, then other teams should have done the same.

Any change Bridgstone makes to help the likes of Rnault and Honda which might have had a hard switch, will adversely disadvantage other teams, and it wouldn't be fair.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    I don't think Bridgestone should do anything to accommodate these teams which didn't get it right during the switch.
    I agree in the sense that I'm not suggesting Bridgestone favour any team over another. Obviously that cannot happen. However, as part of the normal exchange of information between team and tyre supplier they will be working on the problem.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    However, as part of the normal exchange of information between team and tyre supplier they will be working on the problem.
    Well I'm sure they are doing exactly that.