Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Respect to the powers that be, but strongly disagree for sake of honest discussion, as subject how awful it might be,
    unfortunately is part of the sport that we love.
    Please reread my reply. I didn't say that crashes could not be discussed. I just see no need for a "sensationalistic" thread about "worst crashes". We have had and will continue to have discussion of crashes. We will not have threads with the sole purpose of listing and ranking crashes and posting pictures of them. The emphasis here is and will be on racing, and crashes discussed in that context are part and parcel of what this forum is about.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Please reread my reply. I didn't say that crashes could not be discussed. I just see no need for a "sensationalistic" thread about "worst crashes". We have had and will continue to have discussion of crashes. We will not have threads with the sole purpose of listing and ranking crashes and posting pictures of them. The emphasis here is and will be on racing, and crashes discussed in that context are part and parcel of what this forum is about.

Gary
    I did read again and still disagree, but I think I better end this with have a great weekend.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    I did read again and still disagree, but I think I better end this with have a great weekend.
    Agreed. Enjoy the racing this weekend!!!

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Because I thought it was tasteless and crass, that's why. There are plenty of other places where such discussion can, and does, go on. While I am moderating this forum, this won't be one of them. I have no issue with the discussion of crashes in the context of the discussion of a particular race, but a thread who's sole purpose was to discuss "worst crashes" is in poor taste.

Gary
    I agree; there are plenty of better things to talk about other than the worst crashes ever. This is the greatest weekend in motorsports with Monaco, Indy & the Coke 600...lets talk about that!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's to praying for a safe race, good weather, a competitive race, many passes and close entertaining finish !!! SoCal

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Katherine Legge was 8th fastest today. :thumbsup:
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it my imagination, or were a lot of seats at the entrance to turn 3 demolished?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nem14
    Katherine Legge was 8th fastest today. :thumbsup:
    Not bad for someone who stepped into the car very late this year!

Gary

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Is it my imagination, or were a lot of seats at the entrance to turn 3 demolished?
    I believe you are correct. There were a number of seats removed this year, and I think some were in that section.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts