Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So far, typical of Indy as far as the race goes...........but all of the color men need to get off the Ambien! Not enough excitement in their voices, and they've already dropped the ball on who the drivers are. Where is a technical guy?? I miss the NBC Sports Network crew already!!

These color guys might as well be doing golf!!!
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Spoiler alert

Congrats Tony. I guess the medallion and Zanardi's gold medal helped but YOU won the race!
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And the Andretti Curse continues.

But I'm happy for Tony at least.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well deserved! He was in it the whole race!! It was nice to see Alex there as well. Congrats Tony!!!
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats to Tony on his win, he did a spectacular job after years of almost getting there he finally did it. Carlos Munoz did an exceptional job for getting 2nd place for his first IndyCar race.
    Things in the world are always Changing!!! ;)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It was a superb race. What I just thought: Dan Wheldon's last win was Iowa 2008, until he won at Indy in 2011. Tony Kanaan's last win was Iowa 2010 until he won at Indy 2013, coincidence? Because both had an almost 3 year gap between their last wins and Tony was one of DW's best friends, so was Dario of course... Really, I was looking forward to see a new winner OR Hélio becoming a 4-time champion. I'm glad TK did it; He was clearly one of the best "never to win the Indy 500" drivers on the grid. Exactly; Was... Because, now he IS an Indy 500 champ!
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a new track record!

The 500-mile average 187.433mph beat Arie Lurendyk's 185.981mph average from 1990.

Tony Kanann also beat his own 500-mile record from Michigan in 1999.

Contrary to some predictions, the race did not suck.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/indy...tml#post872146
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When did the start of the Indy 500 begin having huge gaps between the rows? I seriously can't remember a less exciting start of an Indy 500.

Is drafting back and forth really racing? Is it exciting to see car's sling shot past each other every other lap?

If it was exciting, then someone needed to tell the announcers. Jamie in pit row was the only person in the broadcast with an enthusiasm level to match the event. Could the other announcers have talked more about punching a hole in the air? Well no, because then they'd have nothing else to talk about.

Someone at ABC and/or Indycar should consider watching the Coca-Cola 600 tonight. Even when a NASCAR race is boring, they are able to use the camera MUCH better to create some excitement. It was well past the half way point before ABC even let the viewer know that they had a front straight camera and a helicopter.

I am glad Tony Kanan got his "ugly face" on the trophy. He was deserving of this win, even if it was won under caution (I prefer NASCAR's Green/White/Yellow rule).
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    It's a new track record!

The 500-mile average 187.433mph beat Arie Lurendyk's 185.981mph average from 1990.
    From the thread you linked:

Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    The 500 mile race speed record could easily be broken right now. All it takes is for the race to go caution free, or at least less than the number they had in 1990.
    And that's exactly how it happened.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Monaco

Is drafting back and forth really racing? Is it exciting to see car's sling shot past each other every other lap?

Yes, yes it is. What else would you call it?

At this level, there are only a few ways that you're going to see a pass. Drafting is one, having someone's tires go off is another. Having someone make a mistake is a third way, but at this level, that's pretty uncommon.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)