Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    To be critical of LH today, his last stint was poor. He dialled the correctly for the middle stint but the car didn't work well on the last stint with the harder tyres.

TBH, I hate words like 'mature' and 'experienced' to describe LH.

LH is a pure racer, cut from the same cloth as Gilles V, Senna, Mansell, Schumi.

LH will fight hard for position as hard as anyone. More than anything it takes intelligence, guts and balls of steel!

Hey Valve Bounce, this is what you've been missing!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5b8D0g0SmB0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hamilton did a very good job. Although he clearly wasn't on the pace of Alonso, he did have to take a heck of a lot of pressure from the two Ferraris and he didn't make a mistake. That's his first race at Sepang too, can't wait until he gets to tracks that he is familiar with.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    He was lucky to get 2nd today - with a healthy engine, Kimi would surely have beaten him. But two well-earned podiums in his first two races is a very impressive achievement, indeed.
    No, but after watching him so totally frustrate his teamate just ahead of him, Kimi did the smart thing and stayed just within striking distance of Hamilton.

It's nice to watch a young Clark, Hill, or Stewart 'grow up' before your very eyes, and Lewis definately fits this instance. I just sincerely hope that Dennis doesn't lose sight of this, and pays for it in watching him win WDC's... for someone else.
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I remember posting, not that long ago asking what this guy is like because we don't get the support races in Oz. Now I know - this guy not only has balls, he is fast, and he can race under pressure. Eat your heart out, Massa.
    Total agreement with you here!
    I would like to add that the kid has incredible instincts! His passes on turn one lap one in both his races was very savvy! The move he made in Oz was most impressive.
    This guy is the real guacamole!
    My only criticism, and it's a small one, is that he could be more consistently smooth over the course of a full race!
    Good show lad!!
    May the forza be with you

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge

Hey Valve Bounce, this is what you've been missing!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5b8D0g0SmB0
    Aaah yes, that got the biggest cheer at the British GP

I think a lot of Hamilton merchandise we be sold this year
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Massa looked like a real rookie against Lewis
    This should be designated quote of the week.

Today we also saw why FM can never be WDC.

Alonso is quicker, but LH's move on the first corner, overtaking two Ferraris on the outside while he was slower and heavier than both of them, was the move of the race. This guy is pure racer, with instincts and intelligence. If Massa has improved this much in 3-4 years, I can only wonder where LH will end up.

He will win a race this season, that's for sure.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bravo Hamilton!

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    3rd...2nd...The rate Hamilton's going he's due the win in Bahrain

I catch myself thinking that, then think 'hold on', 'the kid's good, but it's still early to be thinking in terms of wins' but then again he just looks capable of anything. Things could not have gone better for him so far, but at some point...you'd think...he'll have a tough weekend and struggle.

So far he looks like he belongs where he is, and it is fantastic to watch.
    Not only is she fantastic to watch, he is an atriculate and obviously smart kid that has his head very well in place. His post race interview was a treat and i loved how he described his battles with Massa and how he tricked Massa a couple of times to avoid being passed and even appologized for having been a part of Massa's grass adventure but eneded up saying that that was part of the deal in racin' . . . or something like that.

This kid is great, and so important for F1.

mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Agree,a breath of fresh air from a rookie...

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    3rd...2nd...The rate Hamilton's going he's due the win in Bahrain

I catch myself thinking that, then think 'hold on', 'the kid's good, but it's still early to be thinking in terms of wins' but then again he just looks capable of anything. Things could not have gone better for him so far, but at some point...you'd think...he'll have a tough weekend and struggle.

So far he looks like he belongs where he is, and it is fantastic to watch.
    ...and he's shown he belongs in F1.I just hope he gets a win before the year is out.He looks more than capable of doing that...
    Still waiting for the drugs to kick in.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    what a great race for him, once again
    I am baffled by Ron Dennis strtegy with regard to his pit stop. He pitted later and just like Australia should have pitted later too on the second stint. He was closing in on Alonso and then they call him in early and bring him out in the middle of traffic. I just don't understand the strategy there.

I think they were favoring Alonso just like Australia, and just listening to his radio conversation he said..." next time a want to win..."

Go Hamilton Go!!!
    That strategy kept him ahead of kimi after the second pit stop. I think that the purpose of it... and it was a very smart move.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    he's made a fantastic start, hopefully he can keep his head up when the bad weekend comes, and it will, although everything i've seen about his work ethic makes me belive he can fight through anything.

todays first few hundred yards were awesome, he had no right to get past both Ferraris, who conceivably were not looking behind, only in front, but the way he passed them both and then made the move stick over the course of the next 1 and half hours was brilliant.

and he certainly made Massa look like the junior on the grid, fast he may be, but if faced with adversity he too often fails rather than triumphs through it.

i don't see Massa winning on any other occasion other than when he starts at the front in the fastest car (and not even everytime then, check today!)
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.