Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Yes I agree, but he also has a streak of arrogance in him that would get on the radio and complain about Lewis attacking him...ala Button ( couldn't resist) We just have to see how the season progresses. If Hamilton get's a win in the next couple of races or stays within striking distance of the WDC then the true dynamic will emerge.
    McLaren IMO will favour Alonso this year.
    Formula 1

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brilliant performance by Lewis again, really did look like he was fighting that car a lot before the first stop.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I remember posting, not that long ago asking what this guy is like because we don't get the support races in Oz. Now I know - this guy not only has balls, he is fast, and he can race under pressure. Eat your heart out, Massa.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Absolutely outstanding job from Lewis yet again! To pass both Ferraris into turns 1 and 2 like that - what maturity! He played a huge part in McLarens 1-2 by mixing it with the Ferraris and forcing Massa into a mistake. He cant be expected to match Alonso yet, Lewis has done two GPs, Alonso is a double world champion! However Hamiltons radio message to his team at the end of the race was very telling. He wasnt satisfied with 2nd, he badly wants to win!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    3rd...2nd...The rate Hamilton's going he's due the win in Bahrain

I catch myself thinking that, then think 'hold on', 'the kid's good, but it's still early to be thinking in terms of wins' but then again he just looks capable of anything. Things could not have gone better for him so far, but at some point...you'd think...he'll have a tough weekend and struggle.

So far he looks like he belongs where he is, and it is fantastic to watch.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    In F1 Racing Magazine there is a new feature where Kimi picks his 'move of the race'.

In the Australian GP review he awarded it to Lewis for his move round the outside of Kubica and Alonso.

It will be interesting to see who he picks in the Malaysian GP review....

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    In F1 Racing Magazine there is a new feature where Kimi picks his 'move of the race'.

In the Australian GP review he awarded it to Lewis for his move round the outside of Kubica and Alonso.

It will be interesting to see who he picks in the Malaysian GP review....

It's not just that he passed the two Ferraris, he then raced in a most mature and capable manner (I was going to say experienced but that would not be fair to Hamilton). He is simply naturally gifted, even without the F1 experience.

It is interesting that pitpass has an article by one of their guys coming to our forum to read the thread about whether this guy is overated. Well, just ask Jean Todt. :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He is certainly mature beyond his years and experience, listening to him when he is interviewed only backs that up.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    I have to say I'm impressed too, now, and my faith is growing. He's not really near Alonso and Kimi in terms of racing speed yet, but noone should expect him to be, either. He's a rookie, after all.

But he's already shown himself to be a fine racer with some clever moves in both Australia and Malaysia.

He was lucky to get 2nd today - with a healthy engine, Kimi would surely have beaten him. But two well-earned podiums in his first two races is a very impressive achievement, indeed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Amazing race from Hamilton, he drove a very intelligent race and never looked weak under pressure. I think he's shown some drivers how to drive when you are under attck and get the best of it, Trulli and Fisichella come to mind. He has also shown that Massa is not that good, or at least not as intelligent.

Great job! I love what he can bring to F1 in years to come.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion: