Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lewis Hamilton Balls of Steel

What a start by Lewis Hamilton!!! Get in My son

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    what a great race for him, once again
    I am baffled by Ron Dennis strtegy with regard to his pit stop. He pitted later and just like Australia should have pitted later too on the second stint. He was closing in on Alonso and then they call him in early and bring him out in the middle of traffic. I just don't understand the strategy there.

I think they were favoring Alonso just like Australia, and just listening to his radio conversation he said..." next time a want to win..."

Go Hamilton Go!!!
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    what a great race for him, once again
    I am baffled by Ron Dennis strtegy with regard to his pit stop. He pitted later and just like Australia should have pitted later too on the second stint. He was closing in on Alonso and then they call him in early and bring him out in the middle of traffic. I just don't understand the strategy there.
    He was very light in the middle stint. In the first and third one Alonso crushed him. Alonso was untouchable.
    Formula 1

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Alonso was untouchable.
    Correct.

Hamilton was superb today, but it would have taken more than a favourable pit strategy to beat Alonso on this form.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    We have seen many quick rookies joining Formula One in previous years, but the difference between Hamilton and other rookies is that he is extremely matured. Kovalainen, Kubica and last year Rosberg, Speed, Liuzzi made several mistakes, but Hamilton rarely puts a wheel wrong. And I think it's amazing, because you don't see many rookies being utterly confident and race against rivals like an experienced guy. Massa looked like a real rookie against Lewis, although in theory one would expect it to turn out otherwise.

That's why Hamilton looks like the most promising rookie at the moment and a very possible future WDC contender in a competitive car.

he wasn't light on the second stint as all his pit times indicated. He was heavier on the first but put in enough to be brought in around lap 41, but RD chose to bring him in earlier, and with an immense amount of traffic in front. He pretty much spent the rest of the race going through the cars and losing plenty of time to Alonso.

I am not saying he would have won, but he did have the fastest lap with a slightly heavier fuel load than when Alonso had his fastest lap. He was clocking in fast laps at a consistent basis in the second stint and then was brought in ealry.

His out laps were hampered by traffic and that was it!. Once he knew that Alonso was about 10-12 sec. out he put it into cruise control, until Kimmi charged forward.

Anyway, he probably was bound to finish 2nd or 3rd anyway, but it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he came in as scheduled on lap 41.

btw. I really wonder how FA feels about Hamilton's pace. I am not sure he expected such a challenge this early. I want true competiton at McClaren. The true test for Hamilton is if he demands true competition, refuses to be FA's #2, and eventually tries to outdo him. All indications are he is on his way. I want to see the fighting spirit and not the "it's all about the team" crap we hear from #2's

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    btw. I really wonder how FA feels about Hamilton's pace. I am not sure he expected such a challenge this early. I want true competiton at McClaren. The true test for Hamilton is if he demands true competition, refuses to be FA's #2, and eventually tries to outdo him. All indications are he is on his way. I want to see the fighting spirit and not the "it's all about the team" crap we hear from #2's
    It's difficult to predict, but I think Alonso has a very positive outlook when faced with a challenge. Having a quick team-mate will probably make him raise his game even higher. It certainly did today.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    Correct.

Hamilton was superb today, but it would have taken more than a favourable pit strategy to beat Alonso on this form.
    When Fernando has a good day, he is invincible. And Sepang is one of his fave tracks. remember his first Pole?
    Formula 1

Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    It's difficult to predict, but I think Alonso has a very positive outlook when faced with a challenge. Having a quick team-mate will probably make him raise his game even higher. It certainly did today.

Yes I agree, but he also has a streak of arrogance in him that would get on the radio and complain about Lewis attacking him...ala Button ( couldn't resist) We just have to see how the season progresses. If Hamilton get's a win in the next couple of races or stays within striking distance of the WDC then the true dynamic will emerge.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Alonso really knows how to hookup a racing car. In time Lewis will learn how he likes the car a bit more too.
    Its so exciting to have a British Driver doing this well and to fight so hard in only his second race.
    good luck RBR