Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    There's a rumour that the new Ferrari engine only runs on Carrot juice.

With a power output of 2500 bhp, but only on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, due to religious reasons.

Oh, and Lady Gaga is a man.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica

Oh, and Lady Gaga is a man.
    She's got bigger balls than some folk to wear some of the shyte she calls fashion.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I really wonder how did they come up with the 100hp number. The new engines have restricted displacement, restricted RPM, restricted air flow/presure, and restricted fuel capacity (in fact I think reduced from what it is now). Where can the 100HP delta come from? And why is Alonso allegedly trying to get into the 2nd Red Bull seat if Mercedes will have more power? ;p
    Yes sounds pretty implausible to me. I'd guess it suits someone to put such a rumour around. Perhaps someone who wants to plant the idea that Mercedes will run away with things if they get their way on next year's tyre specifications. Or maybe the F1 journos are just bored

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    I really wonder how did they come up with the 100hp number. The new engines have restricted displacement, restricted RPM, restricted air flow/presure, and restricted fuel capacity (in fact I think reduced from what it is now). Where can the 100HP delta come from? And why is Alonso allegedly trying to get into the 2nd Red Bull seat if Mercedes will have more power? ;p

By the way, some other links I posted above suggested that the maximum horsepower will not be important that much and engines will rarely be reved to the RPM limit due to fuel conservation.
    Don't lose sleep over it, most F1 articles are written by people who have absolutely no technical knowledge, let alone understand how engines work and what are the technical possibilities with fairly closed regulations.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts
    I agree with the above post.

Horsepower is also not an indicator of how an engine will perform. There are other, more important, factors. Fuel efficiency, Ttorque curve, delivery of the power and, even perhaps more important than anything now, aero-packaging of the unit. A horsepower advantage is nothing if an aero advantage is given away. The current Renault engine may lack out-and-out grunt, bit the way it can be packaged into the overall car design more than compensates.

Only when the cars have run several times on track will any real sense be available to judge the manufacturers.

Until then, it is best to keep calm and ignore information got second-hand from bored andheadline-hunting journalists.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    The new turbo's will be quick, but I'm gonna miss the sound of the V8's. Still miss the roar of the old V10's and V12's
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    The new turbo's will be quick, but I'm gonna miss the sound of the V8's. Still miss the roar of the old V10's and V12's
    Couldnt agree more.

I miss the days when F1 teams had all manner of V8s, V10s, V12s.

Variety is the spice of life.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by webberf1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebpk...e_gdata_player

Test-bed recording of Mercedes' new turbo engine revealed.
    Sounds better than the Renault recording, but again I feel we need to wait til we see these on track before making a proper assessment. Chances are they will sound a lot like the 80s turbos which were awesome.
    As I predicted, all the noobs who thought the turbos would sound like vacuum cleaners on racecars ended up wrong. Test-bed recordings never sound like the real thing when it's in action. You really only needed to go back to the (awesome-sounding) 80s cars to get a good idea what they would sound like.

Don't know if this is already posted, but a recording of the new Ferrari turbo put in the LaFerrari chassis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXNLQQC_AGU

To me, that's a kickass sound, and it will sound even more awesome when the throttles are wide open in race trim. I immediately like it better than the 2.4L V8s.
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Liked 1,084 Times in 606 Posts

Re: 2014's 1.6L V6 turbos

Is Lotus using Renault engines for 2014?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

Re: 2014's 1.6L V6 turbos

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    Is Lotus using Renault engines for 2014?
    Yes.

http://www.fia.com/2014-fia-f1-world-ch ... entry-list
    Lotus F1 Team, Lotus, Renault
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!