Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    This was the outcome of a Jury of his peers who had the option to convict him of Manslaughter but choose Murder instead.

Bad laws and stupid people on a jury who have no real sense of right and wrong is a deadly combo.
    My goodness what is in the water that you people drink or is it a case of bad genectics?
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Bad laws and stupid people on a jury who have no real sense of right and wrong is a deadly combo.
    My goodness what is in the water that you people drink or is it a case of bad genectics?
    We tend to be generally a logical group of people who don't condone lynching, nor do we alter the law to suit individual cases. There wouldn't be a postman or delivery man alive in this country if we had the mindset you display here.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    OK, lets get some perspective on this.

Tony Martin is a violent, dangerous rascist. He had previously had his firearms certificate revoked for fireing on the vehicle of somone stealing Apples from one of his tree. I am sure you will defend shooting at someone for scrumping but that sort of thing is not allowed in this Country thankfully.

Now, the night in question, he lay in wait for the scumbags that set out to rob him and fired a shot at them. This gave them second thoughts and they legged it so he shot them while fleeing in the back, Murdering one of them. This was the outcome of a Jury of his peers who had the option to convict him of Manslaughter but choose Murder instead.
    Exactly. Excellent post. Couldn't agree more. In no way should that man be held up as any sort of example or role model. The rule of law must always take precedence.

Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    Genetics as bad as those that cause one to mis-spell 'genetics'?

We have a POS in the UK who is currently being tried for Murdering and doing Hell knows what to a 5 year old girl. I think this evokes the same sort of feelings as our good old Cleveland Kidnapper.

Do I want to see him suffer pain and agony. Of course. I would like to see him slowly dissolved, feet first, in a bowl of acid.

However, something stops me from endorsing the death penalty. I don't know what it is but it's the thought of there ever being a mistake.

If I was Aprils Father, I would swing for Mark Bridger. I would gladly throttle him with my bare hands but trying to look at it dispassionatly is very difficult.

The beauty about being a private citizen and not a Law maker is that I have the freedom to scream for his balls to be ripped off without actually having the responsibility for doing it.
    I've said this in another thread, but I'll repeat it: I am troubled by the view that, rather than imposing the death penalty, putting someone like that in prison would somehow 'do the job' on the grounds that he's likely to (in effect) be lynched. No doubt some of the same people would simultaneously complain about prison 'not working'. Is it any wonder when violence is not eradicated from the prison environment?

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    From the Cleveland Plain Dealer today:

Apparently, creating a special hamburger to honor Charles Ramsey was just the beginning.

Now, the hero in the rescue of four kidnap victims held captive on Cleveland's West Side for roughly 10 years will enjoy free burgers for life.

More than a dozen Northeast Ohio restaurants have pledged an offer of a burger anytime Ramsey wants to stop by and dig in. AMP 150 at the Marriott Cleveland Airport; Washington Place Bistro and Inn in Little Italy; Fahrenheit restaurant in Tremont; Market Garden Brewery, Bier Markt, Bar Cento and Nano Brew in Ohio City; Welshfield Inn in Troy Township; Hodges and Pura Vida in downtown Cleveland; 87 West at Crocker Park in Westlake; Orchard House restaurant in Brunswick; Flour restaurant in Moreland Hills, and the Allegheny Grille in Foxburg, Pennsylvania, have joined in the offer.

Good for him! Hope they're all within bicycling distance!

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edv
    From the Cleveland Plain Dealer today:

Apparently, creating a special hamburger to honor Charles Ramsey was just the beginning.

Now, the hero in the rescue of four kidnap victims held captive on Cleveland's West Side for roughly 10 years will enjoy free burgers for life.

More than a dozen Northeast Ohio restaurants have pledged an offer of a burger anytime Ramsey wants to stop by and dig in. AMP 150 at the Marriott Cleveland Airport; Washington Place Bistro and Inn in Little Italy; Fahrenheit restaurant in Tremont; Market Garden Brewery, Bier Markt, Bar Cento and Nano Brew in Ohio City; Welshfield Inn in Troy Township; Hodges and Pura Vida in downtown Cleveland; 87 West at Crocker Park in Westlake; Orchard House restaurant in Brunswick; Flour restaurant in Moreland Hills, and the Allegheny Grille in Foxburg, Pennsylvania, have joined in the offer.

Good for him! Hope they're all within bicycling distance!
    I hope they soon realize that a burger is best when consumed with a good beer!