Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brazil TGTBaTU~

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Typical response from you

We have been thru this so many times yet you refuse to see the forest thru the trees

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    No one is forcing them to do anything. They can choose race, or choose not to. The fact remains that it costs money to have engines/chassis/shop/crew/engineers/drivers/trucks/travel/entry fees/insurance. AND, they have less of it to spend, than they did back in the 90's.

Not only have many of you neve been part of a race team, it is obvious that many of you have never owned any busienss at all.
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Again, when are you going to send your money to the series, since you want them to spend theirs?
    Again, if I was fortunate enough to be part of millionaire( Hulman-George) club that profits from the product, I would write even bigger check, but then again I wouldn't have to,as long as there is consumers like you who can settle for anything

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    There's nothing wrong with spec racing, every year a new car would be great but the DW12 produces some great racing, I don't understand why ex-CART/Champ Car fans keep crying about spec racing and a lot of other things about the IndyCar Series. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    If you don't like it, don't watch it.
    Things are looking up for you as more and more people don't give a ...... Congrats!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The 'where is the money' argument is a straw man argument. There is money out there. Apple alone could fund Indycar for the next 100 years. So why aren't Fortune 500 companies flocking to Indycar?

Because the real question that needs to be asked is, what is the return on investment? And right now more people watch the Daytona 500 than watch the Indy 500. Will spec cars and cost savings alone fix that? It hasn't so far.

We need imagination in this series. The bean counters ruin the car business every time they take control. The auto business is about emotion and Indycar lacks emotion at the moment.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Again, when are you going to send your money to the series, since you want them to spend theirs?
    How much money would it cost the series to 'open' the current rules to innovation? Does it really cost a lot of money to edit a rule book? Not having seen the rule book lately, are they still printed or are they downloaded on pdf now? Because that would be the extent of the cost to the series. Any committee to develop the rule changes would be volunteers.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    There's nothing wrong with spec racing, every year a new car would be great but the DW12 produces some great racing, I don't understand why ex-CART/Champ Car fans keep crying about spec racing and a lot of other things about the IndyCar Series. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
    If there was nothing wrong with spec racing, then manufacturers would be flocking to the series, fans would be turned away at the gates and the TV ratings would be beating NASCAR every weekend.

If you want a spec series, fine. But open up the Indy 500 to single race entries by changing the spec rules. Turning the Indy 500 into a spec race was the single worst decision ever made in automotive history.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And you fail to grasp reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Typical response from you

We have been thru this so many times yet you refuse to see the forest thru the trees

Typical response as I have been involved in Indycar racing for over 20 years. You? Zip.

I would love it if we could go back to what we had...we do not have the money! We can buy new cars/engines/electronics each year. We can barely pay for a crew for the entire year.....

You can cry, scream, complain, and continue to ignore the reality of the situation and you refuse to accept basic math.

I suggest you take one of the motorsport classes at Purdue or IUPUI. They have classes on Motorsport economics, and a little knowledge will help you out big time. For now, your ignorance is a big hinderance.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @EagleEye

How have you been ? I havent talked to you in awhile.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion