Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brazil TGTBaTU~

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Should we assume you have written your personal check to the series to help out? If not, why not?
    You assumed correctly, Actually I have wrote two checks, I'm going to Indy on qualifying and race day, going to Milwaukee and purchased pit pass and whole nine yards for the weekend with three of my Friends. Hate ovals and I can tell you it is not cheap, but if I was fortunate enough to be part of millionaire club that profits from the product I would write even bigger check to make it better. How about you? What's your contribution ? Should we assume defending lost cause or decided to say hello to loyal fans who just want a better product and glory that once was.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    You assumed correctly, Actually I have wrote two checks, I'm going to Indy on qualifying and race day, going to Milwaukee and purchased pit pass and whole nine yards for the weekend with three of my Friends. Hate ovals and I can tell you it is not cheap, but if I was fortunate enough to be part of millionaire club that profits from the product I would write even bigger check to make it better. How about you? What's your contribution ? Should we assume defending lost cause or decided to say hello to loyal fans who just want a better product and glory that once was.
    You haven't helped the series at all. All of that money goes to the promoters. Again, when are you going to send your money to the series, since you want them to spend theirs?
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Again you miss the point.

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Ok then,enjoy .2 and boring old same! Spending money and building something for the future that fans would come out and pay to see is called investment. I know what you saying here and want Indycar to be the best period. What we have now is not working and if racing is good where is everyone? Why not open up kit development as promised and keep interest from every angle. Some here say that yung kids are not interested ,I agree, as it getting harder and harder for people like me to get excited and I love open wheel formulas.
    You continue to miss the point. I agree with you, that i liked it better when we had new cars each year, four chassis mfgrs and four engine mfgrs. MONEY is the reason we don;t have that now.

Take a look at the example I gave of how things were, and how they are now. I'd love it to go back to how it was....BUT WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a lame excuse, just reality. Now, abut last weeks race...rather fantastic, no?
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who is forcing the series or teams to spend a dime
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    You haven't helped the series at all. All of that money goes to the promoters.
    Perhaps they should charge fees for the races therefore they can generate some revenue? What do you think? Good idea? I do appreciate Hulman-George family for love to the fans and doing races free of charge.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    You continue to miss the point. I agree with you, that i liked it better when we had new cars each year, four chassis mfgrs and four engine mfgrs. MONEY is the reason we don;t have that now.

Take a look at the example I gave of how things were, and how they are now. I'd love it to go back to how it was....BUT WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a lame excuse, just reality. Now, abut last weeks race...rather fantastic, no?
    No ,you are missing the point. Indycar needs to open competition to some level therefore create environment for people in motor sport industry to bring money and want to be involved.I could see how one can get excited about little spec club race with so many yellows and buzzing ugly cars with pretty good conclusion ,but means nothing in comparison that some nascar driver test (that he took with ease) consuming all the media coverage for month of May instead. My point is that Indycar needs to bring status of Indy and Indycar series with a product and right now car is laser challenge than gp3 formula.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Who is forcing the series or teams to spend a dime
    No one is forcing them to do anything. They can choose race, or choose not to. The fact remains that it costs money to have engines/chassis/shop/crew/engineers/drivers/trucks/travel/entry fees/insurance. AND, they have less of it to spend, than they did back in the 90's.

Not only have many of you neve been part of a race team, it is obvious that many of you have never owned any busienss at all.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm glad you are gouiing to the races you mentioned, but yes, the check goes to the race promoters, not the teams. That comes from sponsors, or their own check books.

The issue is we have seen those with deep pockets is that they eventually leave (Patrick, McCaw, Kelley, Haas, etc.). If you have $20 million in the bank, that gets you two, maybe three years of racing, tops. If you do not have money coming in to replenish what you are spending, you no longer can afford to race. It is this new carzy thing called, math!

Do me a favor, and look at the Autosport Indycar review from 91/92/93/94 or 95. Count how many companies had their names on cars. Count how many engine mfgr's there were. Tire companies too. Now take a look today and you might start to see names you never heard of, or regional companies that pay a 10th of what the going rate was to get on a car.

We saw Newman Haas go away, becuase of lack of sponsorship. No one can deny that the family loved the sport, and the number of races with "Newman-Haas" on the side pods became to great. Money, and lack there of, is what is hurting the most. And, yes, this is tied directly into the TV ratings.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not only have many of you neve been part of a race team, it is obvious that many of you have never owned any busienss at all.
    That is stupid statement, especially about people you don't know. Please don't tell me that racing teams do all of this for love of the .2, Really? Indycar doesn't charge fee for the event? Teams don't get money from the series? So let me get this, I'm spending money to see the race, Indycar is doing it for free, and teams don't get nothing? No wonder we are all on losing end of this deal. Those bad promoters,it's their fault. I think you have a problem selling that feel good bs, when deep down you know that product sucks and no one is watching.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm glad you are gouiing to the races you mentioned, but yes, the check goes to the race promoters, not the teams. That comes from sponsors, or their own check books.

The issue is we have seen those with deep pockets is that they eventually leave (Patrick, McCaw, Kelley, Haas, etc.). If you have $20 million in the bank, that gets you two, maybe three years of racing, tops. If you do not have money coming in to replenish what you are spending, you no longer can afford to race. It is this new carzy thing called, math!

Do me a favor, and look at the Autosport Indycar review from 91/92/93/94 or 95. Count how many companies had their names on cars. Count how many engine mfgr's there were. Tire companies too. Now take a look today and you might start to see names you never heard of, or regional companies that pay a 10th of what the going rate was to get on a car.

We saw Newman Haas go away, becuase of lack of sponsorship. No one can deny that the family loved the sport, and the number of races with "Newman-Haas" on the side pods became to great. Money, and lack there of, is what is hurting the most. And, yes, this is tied directly into the TV ratings.
    Again,creating environment where companies in motorsports want to get involved and spend a money is the key, and as much you love spec and I don't doesn't matter , fact remains the same. Slow ugly spec is not a way to the future period. Don't preach to me as I will be idiot with many others on memorial day wasting my money and according to you not helping teams or Indycar.