Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brazil TGTBaTU~

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brazil TGTBaTU~

The Good:

Andretti Team! Off season changes and momentum from RHR championship have this put this team in position to win at every event. Huge
    momentum going into Indy.

Sato and Foyt continue to be a potent duo.

SFHR and Newgarden had their best race.

The ugly DW12 is quite a racy car indeed!

New layout was quite good!

Will Phillips and his tech team for getting a spec that allows close competition and gives almost every team a chance to win.

Servia and another strong run! Side/side with Marco, was good stuff!

The first good start (and restarts) of the season! Everybody packed up and it reminded me of the starts we use to have back in the late 80’s! More please!!

The Bad:

TK running out of fuel.

Will Power’s luck. Fast at every venue, but nothing to show for it.

The Ugly:

Will Powers luck. Bad and Ugly....
    Three hours of a NASCAR rain delay will have bigger TV ratings than this fantastic Indycar race.

The thought the DRR will not run after Indy. If they do leave the series, we will be down to only two of the original IRL teams (Foyt, Panther).

Team Penske’s and Ganassi’s luck has been horrible, leading to no wins through four races.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Race was very good, track is better, tv was ok.
    Car is still but ugly and spec, Indycar should be a beast of speed and innovation.
    This open wheel fan likes open wheels!!!
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Give it time.....

Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Race was very good, track is better, tv was ok.
    Car is still but ugly and spec, Indycar should be a beast of speed and innovation.
    This open wheel fan likes open wheels!!!
    It will take money to get out of being a spec series, money we do not have. We lose one entry after Indy, and sadly more are on the fence.

That was a very good race, regardless of what the car looked like.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe our interview with Josef Newgarden the Sunday before the race, gave him some luck..lol I hope he can carry this momentum into the 500.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    It will take money to get out of being a spec series, money we do not have. We lose one entry after Indy, and sadly more are on the fence.

That was a very good race, regardless of what the car looked like.
    Agree that race was good, no it was very good, but I think you know what Indycar was and should be! No money is lame excuse for not trying something new to develop and intrigue the world of racing and keep Indycar on the front page where it belongs!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No money is lame excuse for not trying something new
    Really? Then how do you propose to pay for this "something new"?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No money is lame excuse for not trying something new to develop and intrigue the world of racing and keep Indycar on the front page where it belongs!
    This issuch a tired and un-informed statement. It is 100% because of money!

We have been over this so many times before. We used to get newchassis/engines/electronics each and every year. We had four engine manufactures, and being one a team meant full time, year 'round employment forabout 95% of the teams. Each car, and spare car had an engine, ready to go. We did not have any limits in miles per engine, and we had practice, qualifying and race engines.

That does not happen anymore. We use the same chassis for eight years, we use the same electronics, and more than 50% teams furlough team members in the off season. We have two engine manufactures, but only the primary car is fitted with an engine. We have mile limits on the engine, and use the same engine over multiple weekends.

Sorry,100% due to money!
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    This issuch a tired and un-informed statement. It is 100% because of money!

We have been over this so many times before. We used to get newchassis/engines/electronics each and every year. We had four engine manufactures, and being one a team meant full time, year 'round employment forabout 95% of the teams. Each car, and spare car had an engine, ready to go. We did not have any limits in miles per engine, and we had practice, qualifying and race engines.

That does not happen anymore. We use the same chassis for eight years, we use the same electronics, and more than 50% teams furlough team members in the off season. We have two engine manufactures, but only the primary car is fitted with an engine. We have mile limits on the engine, and use the same engine over multiple weekends.

Sorry,100% due to money!
    Ok then,enjoy .2 and boring old same! Spending money and building something for the future that fans would come out and pay to see is called investment. I know what you saying here and want Indycar to be the best period. What we have now is not working and if racing is good where is everyone? Why not open up kit development as promised and keep interest from every angle. Some here say that yung kids are not interested ,I agree, as it getting harder and harder for people like me to get excited and I love open wheel formulas.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Really? Then how do you propose to pay for this "something new"?

Gary
    I agree, there is no money and is always cheaper to have nascar driver test take all the headlines and media attention for the big race instead of building a car that would make a statement. Enjoy!!!

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    I agree, there is no money and is always cheaper to have nascar driver test take all the headlines and media attention for the big race instead of building a car that would make a statement. Enjoy!!!
    Should we assume you have written your personal check to the series to help out? If not, why not?
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover