View Poll Results: Should the REP system be removed from this forum?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 53.09%
  • No

38 46.91%
Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Thumbs up Rep

Is it possible to not receive rep at all? Because I've received a couple of - rep's for no reason in the last couple of days and tbh it doesn't phase me whether I'm part of it but evidently some people can't be sensible and will give negative rep to people for no real reason. I'd prefer it if the moron who is making an effort to be rude to me by giving me bad rep for no reason wasn't able to do this anymore. I really did think it would be a good thing for this forum but evidently one or two people on this forum aren't grown up enough. Or conversely if it's possible for a mod or admin to see who's given me negative rep for no reason could they please warn them not to do it for no reason I'm not having a cry because I'm on this forum to be the most popular or anything. I just don't think the reputation function should be abused so you can do this sort of thing for no reason
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    It's quite common in rep-equipped forums that people easily give good/bad rep not according to how you come off, but according to do they agree with you.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well from the feedback that they left it was nothing to do with them agreeing or disagreeing with me. It's just someone trying to be a bit nasty. I would have liked rep to have worked for the forum but it seems people are just going to play friends and enemies and leave bad rep for people they don't like

I don't care at all if I end up having more rep than anyone or less. I don't think people should use the rep function as a way of getting at people without having to reveal themselves like they would have to if they wrote a PM or a rude post
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think you're being overly sensitive Daniel.

You've currently got more rep than me, so therefore you're doing something right.

And the reason you are maybe receiving more negative rep than others (at a guess) is perhaps down to the fact that you have posted over 21,500 times and therefore have a greater forum 'exposure'. Therefore your name comes into contact with people who abuse the system more than someone like me.

I think the positive rep that you get more than likely balances out the arseholes.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    I think you're being overly sensitive Daniel.

You've currently got more rep than me, so therefore you're doing something right.

And the reason you are maybe receiving more negative rep than others (at a guess) is perhaps down to the fact that you have posted over 21,500 times and therefore have a greater forum 'exposure'. Therefore your name comes into contact with people who abuse the system more than someone like me.

I think the positive rep that you get more than likely balances out the arseholes.
    For sure Andy

I'm not at all worried that I'm going to start getting red pages or anything or in fact how many green pages I have. I just don't feel that people should start using the rep function as a way to get at people and try to cause them grief. If you have that much of a problem with someone you should have to guts to say it on the forum or at least in a PM. Giving someone negative rep for no good reason other than you just don't like them is just childish and spineless. I do hope that childish abuse like this doesn't lead to an otherwise very cool and useful function being taken away from the forums like polls were all those years ago.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is rep and why is it an important, cool and useful function?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I've only got one bit of rep and I don't understand the comment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont mind negative or positive rep, as long as the person giving it is sensible enough to be able to give a reason - otherwise dont bother. Particularly when its negative.
    Im back! Now what'd I miss?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_man
    I dont mind negative or positive rep, as long as the person giving it is sensible enough to be able to give a reason - otherwise dont bother. Particularly when its negative.
    Yep, I would only give positive rep if I strongly agreed with a post, and negative rep only if a post was particularly offensive or unreasonable.

It's being over-used at the moment, like a new toy, but the novelty will soon wear off.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    How can you view what reputation you've been given and from whom?
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!